Too Flirtatious

- August

"Let me hear that!" I yelled out as I took my headphones off. He played the song I just recorded back as I walked out the booth.

"It sound straight so far... just need a hook." I Said to Rome and he nodded as he passed me the blunt. There was a knock at the door. I knew it wasn't Jazmine because she's at work so.. Rome opened the door and let the person in.

"Laurie Wassam." I Said smiling and she smiled.

"What's up, I see you've been good." She said looking me up and down and I smiled and bit my lip.

"And I see you've been good." I Said looking her body up and down. She looked good.

"I have. Give me a hug I haven't seen you in so long." She Said and I pulled her into a hug. We hugged for a while until I heard Rome clear his throat. I looked up and saw Jazmine standing there. I quickly pulled away and sighed.

"Baby." I said and she walked out. I ran into the hallway after her.

"Jazmine!" I yelled trying to catch up to her. Finally I caught up to her and I grabbed her arm turning her around.

"Don't touch me." She said snatching away from me. I grabbed her waist pulling her into me.

"Move August I'm not playing." She Said clenching her jaws. I saw the tears in the wells of her eyes. I pecked her lips and she pulled away. I tried to catch her but she ran off so fast.

"Jazmine!" I yelled and she ignored me and got in the car and drove off. I sighed and ran my hands down my face. I feel so stupid. I need to learn how to control myself. I guess I was in shook after seeing Laurie for the first time in years. We go way back. I don't know why she's here or how she knew I was here...

I walked into the studio and sat on the couch that was in there.

"Where Jazmine?" Rome said and I sighed

"She left." I said grabbing my phone.

"Was that your girlfriend?" Laurie asked and I sighed and nodded.

I dialed Jazmine's number and she sent me straight to voice mail. I called back about 5 more times but she didn't answer.

"I gotta go." I Mumbled standing up. I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my keys.

"Come on Rome. Laurie, it was nice seeing you." I said dryly. She nodded and walked out.

"You gotta finish this song." Rome Said and I huffed.

"Forget that song man." I mumbled then walked out. I got in my truck and he came running out. He got in the passengers seat and I drove off.

"So what she say? Did y'all talk when you ran after her?"

"Nah. She was just like get off of me type stuff."

"Dang man. Hopefully she talk to you. What was you thinking anyway. I saw the way you was looking at her." Rome Said and I sighed.

"I don't know...in shock I guess. But I definitely don't want her. That's a done deal." I said

"Good luck telling Jazmine that." He said. I didn't say nothing for the rest of the ride to the shop. Once we got there, I parked and hopped out the car. I walked in and everybody mugged me.

"Where Jazmine?" I said and they ignored me and kept doing hair. Now I was starting to get mad. I hate being ignored.

"Mane where she at!" I yelled and the gay boy looked me up and down.