House Hunting

- Jazmine

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded. I put the lipstick down and grabbed my phone. We flew to Dallas yesterday so we could look at some houses. I was excited. The sooner we find a house the sooner August and I can get away. I'm kind of excited to be leaving New Orleans. There's nothing there for me but my shop but I can run that from afar.

I walked outside head of August.

"Is that our Uber?" I said and he glanced at his phone then at the car.

"Yeah come on." He said taking my hand into his. He opened the door and let me in then he got in. He made sure he knew where he was going then we were on our way.

"Autumn told me Tye came and visited her in rehab." I said sighing.

"What he say?" August said.

"She said he just came to apologize and check on her." I said.

"Listen baby. I know Tyler. He really love that girl and nah I'm not excusing what he did cause no man should hit a woman, but maybe it was a mistake. Again I'm not excusing his actions but that boy messed up in the head. Seriously. I've known him for a long time now and I can say he's crazy. So maybe just maybe he let his anger get the best of him. Plus did she tell you what all happened that day?" He said and I shook my head no.

"Well Ion know if this true or not but Tye told me he caught her on the phone with another nigga. He said when he walked in she hung up but he had already heard their conversation so he knew whoever she was talking to wasn't just a friend. He said he asked for the phone and she got to stuttering and telling him no. So he snatched it and she started hitting him all upside his head trying to get the phone back. Mind you He was going thru the phone seeing all their messages as she was hitting him so he was double triggered. He said he don't know what took over him he just got to hitting her." August said

"Oh wow she didn't tell me that. But still that isn't an excuse to hit her even if she was cheating." I said

"You right. You right. But y'all don't understand that triggers us mane. Y'all can't be all up in a nigga face slapping him and punching him and expect us to not be mad." He said.

"Don't say y'all cause I never hit you." I said and he straight faced me.

"Jazmine quit lying. You don hit me plenty of times." He said and I smacked my lips.

"Because you be pissing me off." I said and he just stared at me. I laughed and his facial expression didn't change.

"Ain't nun funny." He said and I grabbed his face pulling him closer to me so he can kiss me.

"I'm sorry I'll try not to beat you up anymore." I said against his lips.

"Yeah right." He said and I laughed laying my head on his shoulder.

"You excited bout this song you recorded?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah I guess. I hope people like it." I Said.

"Don't worry bout if they like it or not. It only matter if you like it." He Said.

"Yeah you're right." I said. He sat in silence for a while.

"You wanna have my babies?" He asked and I laughed.

"What? Where is this coming from?" I said

"I was just thinking, do you?" He said.

"Yeah one day." I said and he nodded.

"You wanna be my wife?" He said and I nodded.

"Of course I do." I said and He nodded.

"Ima get you pregnant, ight?" He said And I laughed.

"No you're not." I said

"I'm forreal why you laughing." He said.

"That's why I'm laughing because you're so forreal." I Said shaking my head.

"What you don't wanna have my baby, baby?" He said and I smacked my lips.

"You know I do.. If it happens it happens, we've only been dating four months no need to rush." I said and He kissed my forehead.

"I was playing lol you didn't have to explain yourself." He said

"Irritating." I mumbled

"But you love me." He said and I smiled.

"I don't know bout all that." I said

"Well Get off me then." He said and I smiled.

"Why you gotta be like that?" I said and He ignored me.

"So you ignoring me now?" I said and he glanced at me then turned away.

"Fine." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"Nahhh Get off me. You'on love me." He said

"You're such a cry baby you know I freakin love you." I said and he smiled. The car came to a stop and we were in front of the house.

"Preciate it." August said as I opened the door. We got out and he closed the door. We looked at the house and I don't know about August but liked it. It was not to big but big enough. It had 4 bedrooms 3 baths and two 1/2 bath. And it had a basement. August was excited about that. The kitchen and living was spacious so that was good. I'm really liking it.

"It's all up to the Queen." August said and I sighed.

"Don't do that. Don't make me decide for the both of us. I wanna know if you like it." I said

"Yeah, I love this house and it got a basement. I can have a man cave and you not allowed down there." He said.

"I bet I be down there though." I said and he laughed.

"So baby what do you think." He said

"I love it." I said.

"Well let's make it ours." He said and I smiled. He did a lot of paperwork and by the time he was finished I was asleep on his lap.

"Baby wake up." He said and I opened my eyes.

"You tired?" He said and I nodded.

"Let's get you back to the hotel." He said and I stood up.

"Come on." He said And I wrapped my arm around him as we walked. He opened the car door and let me in. He got in and closed the door and I laid on his chest.

"You bought it?" I Mumbled and He nodded.

"Yup." He said rubbing my back. I leaned up and puckered my lips for a kiss. He leaned down and kissed me.

"We moving to Daallass, We moving to Daallass." I said and we laughed.

♥️