Best Birthday Ever

- August

I heard Jazmine calling my name as I slept. I groaned and opened my eyes.

"Baby get up get up!" She Said and I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm fine. It's your birthday so get up." She said smiling big. I laughed at her being so excited because it's my birthday.

"It smell good in here? You cooked?" I asked and she laughed.

"No I ordered you breakfast. I didn't feel like cooking especially since we're about to go. But I promise I'll cook for you when we get back to Nola." She said handing me a to-go box with a card taped to it. I pulled the card off the box.

"To my baby, my pooh bear. Baby that name is gay." I Said and she smiled.

"Just keep reading." She said biting her lip.

"It's only been a couple of days but whenever we're together it feels like years. I love being around you. You make me feel something I haven't felt in a long time. You're always there when I need you. Thank you for being my friend before anything. You're an amazing human being and I hope you have the best birthday ever. - love your baby, Jazzy."

"Baby why are you crying?" I Said and she sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She said laughing wiping her face.

"Come here." I Said and she sat next to me.

"Tell me what's wrong." I said and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"You're just like this amazing person and I'm so grateful that you came into my life. I really appreciate you." She said smiling and I kissed her cheek.

"I really appreciate you doing this. The food, the card. Thank you baby." I said wrapping my arm around her waist.

"You're welcome."

"Now pass me my plate." I said and She passed it to me.

"Thank you. You want some?"

"No thank you I ate." She said getting up.

"You need to get dressed though. We have to be at the airport at 10:00am." She Said and I nodded.

"Wow I'm 27." I Said chuckling and she smiled.

"That's good baby. Almost thirty. You getting old boy."

"Why you get up? Come back." I Said and she sat down and laid back on me.

"Give me a kiss." I said and she kissed me and pulled away biting my lip.

"Sing me happy birthday." I said and she laughed.

"What?" She said raising a brow.

"You heard me. Now, you can do the traditional version or the Stevie Wonder version." I Said and She laughed.

"I don't sing. I dance." She said shyly.

"Well dance for me then." I said eating my food. She got up and laughed.

"Play some music." She said bit her lip.

"Ight." I grabbed my phone and put on some Missy Elliot. She started doing the robot and then some Michael Jackson moves.

"Yeahhh You killing it baby." I said laughing. She started doing the stanky leg as I hyped her up.

"Aye aye aye aye." I said hyping her up and she laughed.