Welcome home bestfriend

- Jazmine

"Hey!" I screamed embracing her into a hug.

"Heyyyy." She Said squeezing me tight.

"You look great." I Said pulling away from the hug.

"I feel great. 3 months clean." She said smiling.

"I'm so proud of you. Really I am." I said and she nodded.

"Alright you ready to go?" I said and she nodded. We walked to the car and we got in.

"So you know what I been doing for three months, what you been up to?" She said as I pulled off.

"Oh nothing..." I said and she smacked her lips.

"So you been doing nothing atall?" She said and I laughed.

"Not really, I mean. Ever since I moved in with August I've been with him everyday. If I'm not with him I'm at the shop..."

"How is the shop?"

"Same oh same oh with the same crazy folks."

"I can't wait to start back doing hair." She said smiling. I bit my lip thinking on if I should tell her about August and I moving to Dallas. I hope she doesn't lash out or anything.

"What wrong with you? Why you so quiet?" She said.

"Nothing just thinking."

"About...?"

"August wants to move out of Nola.." I said and she looked at me.

"You're gonna go with him?"

"Well he asked me. At first he wanted to move to Los Angeles but I told him no. I suggested Dallas, so we might be moving there." I said and she nodded.

"What about the shop?" She said and I sighed

"I don't know. I don't wanna leave something I worked so hard to build. I was thinking about opening a shop down there and I'll have two shops. August says that's a lot of money. Maybe you and O'Neil could manage while I'm gone." I said and She nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said sadly and I glanced over at her.

"Stop you're gonna make me cry." I said sadly.

"I just got out of rehab and you're leaving me." She said and I sighed.

"I know. Well I'm not leaving just yet. August and I are going to look at houses next week. It's still a whole process we have to go thru once we find a house." I said

"I know but still. But I'm happy you're happy. I'm glad you leaving Nola." She said

"You're glad?" I said

"I didn't meant it like that. I just know if you in Dallas with August you safer. Them three months I was in the rehab I was worried about you girl. Being alone in the projects. I'm glad you did move in with August. Everyday it's some mess over there. I'm glad you leaving. It's too much going on right now." She said

"I'm used to it. I been here for three years." I. Said.

"I know but it's good you're finally getting out of here." She said and I nodded

"So how are you and August?" She asked and I smiled.

"We're going." I said

"Your face lit up when I mentioned him. Aww I'm glad you're happy." She said

"Yeah... he's something else girl." I said .

"How long have y'all been together?" She asked.

"Four months last week." I said