Saying Goodbye/Have Sex Already!

- Jazmine POV

"Today we say a temporary goodbye to my little sister JoyAnn Adams. She was my rock. My mini me. She was loving and funny. We were alike in so many ways. I'm gonna miss her so much." I said as I started crying. August rubbed my back and handed me tissues. I sucked it up so I could sing this song.

"So I'm gonna sing this song. This was one of her favorite gospel songs. When our dad was in the hospital we sung it to him all the time. If you know it feel free to join in" I said sniffing. August rubbed my back as I prepared to sing.

"Sometimes it feels cold
And you feel all alone
But hold on, better days are coming
It can be rough in this world
I know it ain't easy but hang on in there
I know better days are coming
You seen good, you seen bad
You been happy and sad
But just remember that better days
Better days are coming
Friends will leave you all by yourself
But don't cry
'Cause better days are coming, oh
Better days (better days)
Better days
Better days are coming."

- After the funeral

"Jazmine!" I heard my mama say and I sighed. I started walking faster to my car. Unfortunately she caught up with me.

"What?" I said and she sighed.

"Baby you can't be mad at me forever. I'm sorry." She said and I nodded.

"I forgive you. And I still love you but I rather love you from a distance." I said and she nodded.

"I can't do anything but respect that. How's Jonathan?" She said and I sighed.

"Why can't you ask him? He's a grown man, Only man I keep up with is mine." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah I see you're dating again. How's he been treating you?" She asked and I sighed.

"Wonderful. I'm very happy." I said flashing her a smile and she nodded.

"Can I meet him?" She said and I sighed and nodded. I knocked on the car window and August let it down.

"Baby my mama wants to meet you." I said and he got out the car. He walked over and wrapped one arm around me.

"August Alsina?" She said surprised and he laughed and nodded.

"How you doing ma'am, it's nice to meet you." He said shaking her hand.

"Likewise. You treating my daughter right?" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes ma'am." He said kissing my cheek and I smiled.

"Mhm keep it like that." She said smartly. I scrunched my face up.

"Oh he will don't worry. You can go now."  I said and she sighed and walked away. I got in the passenger seat and August got in the drivers seat.

"You okay baybeh?" He said making his Nola accent come out. I nodded and laid my head against the window as he drove off away from the cemetery.

———————

"Jazmine!" August yelled from the living room.

"Huh?"

"Somebody's here to see you." He said and I huffed and got up. I put my house shoes on and went down stairs.

"Go back up there and put some clothes on." August said mugging me.

"What's wrong with what I got on. And who's here to see me?"

"They outside and until you change they ain't coming in." He said and I huffed.