Chapter 3: Shiro at Work

Shiro's POV

3:40 AM THU

My phone buzz for a few seconds before it finally stopped because of me, slamming my hands on it. I groaned a bit and stretched my arms but then I winced. Ouch, my wound. I held my shoulder as my face twisted in pain and I slowly pushed myself off the bed and made a yawn. I tied my hair into a messy bun and got out of the bed and slipped my feet into my black slippers.

I fixed the bed and sat on my office table. I turned on the lampshade and opened some folders and reviewed some files before starting my day.

Now this is my daily routine. I wake up early, Review some files and do my morning routines. After a few minutes, I finally stopped reviewing the files and stuffed the folders back into my backpack.

I then opened my closet and pulled out some clothes. I picked out a black longsleeve turtle neck shirt and dark blue jeans and laid them on my bed. I then took my bathtowel and toiletries and went to the bathroom and took a ten minute shower, then cleaned and change the bandage of my wound.

I then got into my clothes and wore my black boots. I rubbed my hair to dry with the bathtowel since I don't want to use my hair blower and wake up my neighboring brothers which I'm sure are still sleeping. When my hair is already somewhat dry, I tied it into a loose french braid.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at myself. Now aren't I cool and fashionable at the same time?

I wore my wristwatch on and picked up my backpack along with my phone and bluetooth earpiece. I took the keys on my table and went out of my room and locked it. After that, I looked at the time and went to the elevator.

"4:22 am..." I whispered to myself as I stepped in the elevator.

I pressed the number 5 and waited for the elevator to stop. When I finally heard the familiar 'ding', the door opened and I stepped out from it. I went through the dinning room and placed my backpack on the dinning table.

I went to the kitchen and placed my phone and earpiece on the counter. I then brewed some coffee and made a sandwich after getting myself familiarize around the place. I placed the sandwich in the microwave and and set the timer to one minute. I leaned on the kitchen sink while waiting for the coffee and my sandwich.

I actually want to make breakfast for everyone, but I remember in one of Ema's messages to me saying that Ukyo is the one making breakfast for everyone and she helped him one time. So I'm just making one for myself. And also, I don't know what they actually like for breakfast.

The microwave and coffee machine stopped at the same time signalling that it's already done. I took my sandwich out of the microwave and placed it on the counter beside my phone then got a mug on one of the kitchen cabinets and poured myself some coffee. But as I poured some coffee, my phone buzzed making me stop and picked up my earpiece and answer the call.

"Hello? Ms. Hinata speaking..." I greeted as I continued pouring the coffee.

"As always, your awake this early..." the voice greeted.

I rolled my eyes as I heard his voice. I placed the coffee down and leaned on the counter.

"What is it now Gio? It's so rare for you to be awake this early..." I remarked making him laugh.

"Just checking if you're not planning to skip work today" he said making a scowl crept into my face

"You honestly believe what I said last night?" I said as took my mug and plate of sandwich on the table and sat on the chair but I stopped midway when I realized that I left my phone on the counter.