Chapter 31: Hangover

8:16PM, WED

Third Person's POV

"Thomas Hobbes!"

Shiro once again said with eyes full of determination. The brothers faces held complete shock and at the same time, confusion.

'Who's that? The name sound so weird...' Azusa thought as he glanced at Ema who look troubled.

'That name sounds familiar. Anyway, this look bad. Should we stop her?' Natsume thought as he frowned.

'It couldn't be his ex. That name sounds so ancient' Masaomi thought as he stared at Shiro with owlish eyes.

"Thomas... Hobbes?" Masaomi repeated unsurely as he stared at the woman who only nodded with a smile.

"Yes, Thomas Hobbes!" She agreed as she turned herself towards Masaomi.

"Thomas Hobbes is a Philosopher who gave a great contribution on Political Philosophy. He also have a great influence in Physics, especially to Leibniz!" She started to lecture shocking Masaomi.

Tsubaki who was drunk suddenly became sobbered as he listened to his sister's rants about the Philosopher. Natsume and Azusa were staring at Shiro with dumbfounded looks. Ema felt embarrassed at her sister's antics and also pitying at Masaomi who has to listen to her blabbering.

"Also, he tried to make an equation of squaring a circle so many times, but in the end he failed. It was a good thing he gave up because that is not his thing. He should stick to politics. Right?" She then narrowed her eyes at Masaomi waiting for his reply.

"Uh... right..." He nervously agreed with an awkward smile.

"The right of nature, Is the liberty of each man hath to use his own power, as he will himself, for the preservation of his own nature, that is to say of his own life" She suddenly stated while waving her finger and pointing it Masaomi. She suddenly leaned closer to him making Masaomi back away in reflex.

"What is she talking about?" Tsubaki asked his silent twin who only shrugged as they watch their sister in her antics.

"Uh, W-What do you mean Shiro?" Masaomi nervously asked as the woman stared at him with a blank and serious face.

"He said that..." She simply answered still not backing away.

"Who... Who said that?" He asked again and he flinched when the woman frowned and clicked her tongue.

"Thomas Hobbes!" She sternly said like she's talking to one of her stubborn colleagues.

The brothers nervously laughed while Ema sighed in exasperation. Shiro suddenly scooted closer to Masaomi's side and crossed her arms over her chest. She gave him a calculating stare making Masaomi anxious.

"Anyway, what he believes defies the Civil code 347"

"alright, this is my cue" Ema blankly stated making the triplets chuckle. She slowly stood up from her sitting position and picked up her phone and purse.

"I'm going to buy some drinks, since it looks like we're almost out. Also, I'll buy Nee-chan some coffee to sober her up" she explained and Azusa just nodded in understanding.

Ema sighed once again before leaving the group.

Now all that was left was them, with Shiro still blabbering about civil and penal codes and some unfamiliar articles of the law. Tsubaki seemed to decided not to try to get his older sister's attention. since he doesn't want to get involve in to their one-sided debate. His two twins seems to have the same idea also. By the way, they didn't noticed Wataru sneak away from them and play with the other kids just a few feet away from them.