Chapter 15: The Package

11:41PM, MONDAY

Shiro's POV

I rubbed my hands infront of my face as I blew a warm breath on it. It's almost midnight and I just got out of the institute and making my way to my motorbike. I pulled my red scarf further into my face trying to keep my neck even warmer.

"Gosh, It's so cold..." I muttered as I slung my backpack on.

I mounted my motorbike and wore my helmet on. As I turned on the engine, I heard Gio called on to me making me whip my head towards him and flipped my visor up.

"What is it? Do you need a ride again?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah..." I handed him my spare helmet and he mounted my motorbike too. I flipped my visor back on and made the engine roar for a moment then left for the hospital.

The ride took us about fifteen minutes due to the small traffic, but all in all, we made it safely. I stopped the vehicle infront of the hospital and Gio got off immediately. I removed my helmet off then he handed me my spare helmet back and smiled as he thanked me.

"Thanks for the ride..."

"It's nothing don't worry. But you should really get your car fix... It's been a week already." I told him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I was actually planning to buy a new one already. The car is already old and I think it's going to break down the next time we went into a pursuit..." He said with chuckle and I scoffed.

The reason why his car ended up in the repair shop last week was because of the pusuit that we did. We pushed the car over its limit of 80 mph. Though it was a sports car, it was already a decade old. It was a gift from his dad.

"Yeah, I think you better get a new one. That car is already about a decade old since it came from your Dad..." I told him and we both laughed.

"Well, What did I said? Anyway, I'm getting inside now. Take care..." He said as he took a step on the stair giving me a space to kickstart my motorbike again.

"Thanks, And say 'Hi' to your Mom for me..." I told him as I wore my helmet back on.

"By the way Shiro, Mom wants to see you and Ema tomorrow. I was hoping you two can visit..." He said with a tint of sadness in his voice as he smiles. His eyes wore a pleading look as his hands on his sides quiver.

I made a smile and nodded.

"Sure, I'll bring Ema with me..." I told him and he smiled brightfuly.

"Thanks Shiro. Your the best..."

"Of course" Then I face forward and drive away.

~*~*~

I tiredly walked out of the elevator and greeted a soft 'I'm home'. I hurriedly made my way to the couch and sat down in relief. I finally got home after a long day of work. It's already 12 midnight, and my eyes were starting to drop, but my phone suddenly started vibrating, jolting me awake.

I sighed again and pulled out my phone from my pocket. I didn't bother to look at the caller's I.D anymore and closed my eyes. I let my thumb slide over the screen and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Shiro!"

"Why are you calling so late Sam?" I asked groggily.

"Huh? Are you asleep already?"

"Not really. I was about to though, in the couch..." I told her nonchalantly and heard her scoff. I can literally imagine her scowling right now.