Chapter 28: Snow Storm

9:53AM,SAT

Ukyo's POV

I remember the first time I met her and it was four months ago.

I was sent at the institute to help in a case since I'm a District Attorney and I saw her talking to one of the agents  inside the conference room, looking so focused and serious. She was one of the agents who was helping in the case, and throughout the whole case, I was only able to talk to her once when she gave me the autopsy report that I asked. Which I will be using for the trial on the next day.

She had a small smile that time and her eyes were dull. But even so, she was still emitting a warm vibe that caught me mesmerized.

She was frequently on my mind after that even though I wasn't able to see her anymore even If I get to go to the institute. But as I got busy, and distracted by work so easily, I guess she kind of slipped off from my mind. I wasn't trying to get involve in some sort of relationship that time so I didn't care.

But surprisingly, I was able to meet her again two months later.

I coincidentally bump into her again. Or so I thought. I was briskly making my way to the reception area of the lobby, when we accidently bump into each other. She spilled her hot coffee over our clothes as she dropped her papers and folders, and I dropped my phone. We both gasped and apologize to each other in instinct. I stared at her as she picked up her papers and my phone. I was so surprised to see her again when I started being indifferent about my chance of seeing her again.

Now that I think about it, maybe it was fate meeting her again. I thought of trying to get to know her there and now that time, but I hesitated. I was just scared to get hurt again. And before I realized it, my chance slipped off. In that moment, I've never thought that I'll desperately hope to see her again and promised to myself that I'll never let her get away again and take a chance.

Two months passed again, and I never thought that I'll meet her like this again.

Unfortunately, for me, She's going to be one of my new sisters. I didn't recognize her at first. It's like something change in her, and I never knew what it is till now.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when she suddenly became my new sibling. What a surprising and funny coincidence. The girl who suddenly piqued my interest became my sister in a day. So, I tried to move on. Well, it's not like there is something to move on from.

But instead of moving on, my feelings grew from a simple interest to falling in love with her. I want to blame her for this, but I can't. She was just simply attracting in her own little ways. Why does it have to get this complicated?

"Ukyo, Stop the car over there..."

I snapped out of my thoughts when Shiro suddenly tapped my shoulder gently and point at a certain place. I slowed the car and analyzed the place.

It was a cemetery. With a tall black entrance gate and cinder block fences around it. Even from the inside of the car, I can tell how wide and far the lot reach. There were also a lot of tombstones or headstones lined up.

I parked the car near the entrance and turned off the engine. We both pulled out our seatbelts and I quietly got out of the car. Shiro in the meantime, took her time. Gently opening the door from the pasenger's seat, while holding a bouquet of Rosemary and white roses, which was arranged by Iori.

So this is where she is going. I wonder why Hirashi-san was so worked up on getting me to come with her today. She probably wants to come here all alone and wants some privacy. I feel like I'm intruding her personal life. I might be curious on who she is going to visit, but it seems to be a sensitive topic for her. So I won't dare to ask and just wait.