Chapter 5: Shiro's Day Off

Third Person's POV

8:18PM THU

After Shiro's late grand entrance, she was finally introduced to tbe rest of the brothers and they finally started their dinner. There were laughters and chatters. Smiles and bonds were finally starting to bloom between the Hinata sisters and Asahina brothers. Well except for the two akward brothers. One, is Subaru who stayed silent and can't even looked straight at Shiro's eyes and second, is Yuusuke who looks nervous and keeps looking down at his food and barely lifts his head up.

The dinner soon ended and the brothers thanked Ukyo for the food and then one by one went back to their rooms or to the living room. Ukyo started cleaning up the table by picking up first the plates and bowls. While he was busy picking up the plates, he didn't noticed a certain black haired woman, stood acrossed him from the table and started picking up the bowls and chopsticks.

Ukyo looked up and he was met by a pair of shiny black eyes. Shiro smiled at him and Ukyo stared at her with a dumbfounded face.

"I'll help you clean up here..." she stated and continued her work.

Ukyo nodded and smiled.

"Thanks..." He thanked with a smile and a tint of blush on his cheeks.

After gathering the plates and bowls from the table and placing them on the sink, Shiro folded her longsleeves until it reached her elbows and turned on the faucet. She took the sponge and pump some dishwashing soap on it. She squeeze the sponge until it bubbles. She then started washing the plates and placed them on the neighboring sink.

Ukyo watched her not knowing what to do. He was used to do all of the kitchen duties and seeing Shiro washing the dishes already made him unsure of what to do.

"Shiro, you can take your rest now, I'll wash the dishes..." He stated making Shiro looked at  him and blink.

"oh no, It's fine. I'm not tired yet actually. So I'll help you around..." she stated with a grin.

"Don't be greedy ok?" she suddenly stated and chuckled. Ukyo chuckled and stood beside her while foldeing his sleeves too.

"Then, I'll just help you. And for your information, I'm not being greedy. It just felt weird..." he retorted and whispered the last part as he started rinsing the soapy plates. Shiro chuckled and continued to her work.

"expect that I'll be working with you here from now on in the kitchen then..." She suddenly stated

"I mean, we can share the work load around here. You and Masaomi are not the only oldest here anymore..." she giggled and Ukyo just shook his head and smiled.

"I would love too..." he stated softly and they both chuckled.

.
.
.

"They sure get along well..." Iori stated as he, Yuusuke and the twins watched Ukyo and Shiro had their conversation while washing the dishes.

"Well their age are not that far. So I guess, they both had that responsible adult sense..." Azusa commented as he pushed his glasses up.

"And they are both scary when you get on their nerves..." Tsubaki stated along with Yuusuke with a nervous look.

"I ship them though!" Tsubaki said while grinning.

"Stop it Tsubaki... Shiro-nee is our sister..."Azusa sighed.

.
.
.

"By the way, It's my day off tomorrow..." Shiro inquired as she dries off her hands.

"Oh, so you do take day offs..." Ukyo grinned while wiping his hands to dry too.