Chapter 17: Awkward

6:18PM, WED

Third Person's POV

"Come on, go call your manager right away and get it settled, ok?" Tsubaki insisted after they had their pinky promise. Azusa smiled at his brother and nodded.

"Okay" he answered as he let go.

Azusa then started making his way inside the house leaving his two siblings behind. But as he made a step inside, he suddenly stopped and turned to looked at them.

"Oh, and by the way... Ema, can you call Shiro-nee and tell her that Tsubaki is already back? I called her earlier and kind of asked about Tsubaki's whereabouts. I think I got her worried. I don't want to trouble her anymore..." Azusa informed.

Ema nodded her head in understanding and pulled out her phone.

"Ok, I will..."

"Thanks..." Then he continued his way inside the house.

Tsubaki then turned his attention towards Ema who was busy typing on her phone.

"Ne, can you keep me compa--" he suddenly stopped talking when he noticed Ema's shock expression. The brunette girl then turned her head towards Tsubaki and gave him a worried look.

"You're in big trouble Tsubaki-san..." Ema stated worriedly.

This got Tsubaki nervous and stared at her with fear.

"Huh? Why?" he asked her.

Ema was about to answer when they both suddenly heard some heeled boots rapidly clicking on the pavement, that was getting louder and louder in seconds. Ema snapped her head towards the source of the sound. She then took a few steps away from Tsubaki and nervously smiled.

"Why don't you ask me why, you lil' twerp..."

Shiro's POV

I glared at my silver haired brother as I hastily approached them. He started to squirm in his position as he tries to look at me straight in the eyes. This idiot is so dead.

"S-Shiro-nee!Welcome H-Home! y-you're back early today..." He nervously greeted when I have finally reached him.

I raised my head a little at him since he is taller than me by two or three inches, and gave him a cold and intimidating look. I saw him swallow a lump in his throat as he took a step backward from me.

"It's thanks to you,twerp!" I growled as I finally glared at him,pinched his left ear and pulled it down.

He suddenly winced in pain and then he started screaming when it got tighter. I saw Ema in the background shiver and sweatdrop at our scene. I breathed out an exasperated sigh and loosened my grip on him a little, but I was still glaring as I looked at the ground.

My fear and panic for him for being gone for more than 24 hours had suddenly turned into irritation or rather, anger. I glanced at him and tears were starting to well up in his eyes as he was begging for me to let go. Well, more like whimpering.

"Shiro-nee!! P-Please let go! It h-hurts!" he whimpered again.

"Tsubaki, you twerp! I left work early because Azusa called and told me you haven't come home since yesterday and no one had heard from you for almost 30 hours! And you won't even answer my d*mn calls! And why is your GPS turned off?! I swear to God, If Ema hadn't text me that you're already home... I swear..." I paused for a moment and looked at the ground with gritted teeth.

Tsubaki suddenly stopped struggling and looked at me curiously. I noticed Ema took a step towards us. I clenched my hand and looked at him again and continued scolding him.