Chapter 9: A Trip

4:15 PM, TUESDAY

Shiro's POV

"Tadaima!!" I yelled as I got out of the elevator and plopped down the couch and sighed.

"Okaeri... Eh? Nee-chan? You're home early?" I looked up and I saw Ema looking suprised with Juli on her head Squeaking something. I smiled at her and sat up.

"what did Juli said?" I asked her as Juli hopped on to my lap and I petted his head softly.

"He said that you are awfully early and it's shocking..." then she sat beside me with a smile. I giggled at their statement and patted Ema's hair.

"I'm actually here to pack some clothes for the trip..." I explained making her sigh.

"Of course..." I laughed and we both stood up and went downstairs and to the Kitchen where the twins,Luis and Ukyo are talking with cups of coffee or tea.

"Shiro-nee? You're home..." Luis stated in suprised.

"And suprisingly early, did something happen?"Ukyo asked me worriedly, making me and Ema chuckle.

"No, No. There's nothing wrong..." I assured and sat beside Luis while Ema sat beside Azusa.

"Nee-chan came home early to pack some clothes for their trip. It often happens in her work..." Ema explained.

"A trip? Where are you going Shiro-nee?"-Azusa

"We are going to the branch in Kyoto. I'll be only gone for one night and day. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon... or evening" I explained further as I propped my arms on the table and sighed tiredly with a small smile.

We were called to help with a case there. It was supposed to be Chief, Yato, Aoi and Gio only, but Yato's fiance is about to give birth this week and he can't leave her alone, while Aoi's mother is sick, so he needs to take care of her. And now, Me and Kazuto will replace them.

"I wasn't supposed to go to this trip, but there was some circumstances. Aarghh, I pretty much prefer sitting on my desk..." I ranted as I let my head fell on my arms. My brothers and Ema laughed at me while a gloomy aura surrounds me.

"Well, Do you want some coffee?" Ukyo suddenly offered making me shot my head up in a blink of an eye. I smiled brightly and nodded at him. He chuckled and stood up from his chair.

"Black right?" He confirmed and I nodded again.

"Yup. No sugar, No creamer. Just pure black..." I told him and he nodded.

"Shi-chii, Can I ask, something?" Luis suddenly asked beside me and I nodded.

"I'm just curious, but, what do you usually do,at work?" He asked me, making the others looked at us too in curiosity, except for Ema who already knows the answer and is smiling.

"yeah, I'm curious too!" Tsubaki suddenly exclaimed in excitement.

"We understand that you go on missions sometimes, but besides that, do you just read and study file cases, plan and organize them all day?" Azusa asked too. I looked at Ema and she just chuckled while I smiled and took out my wallet and showed them my badge and I.D.

"We do investigations too, besides that, I think I forgot to mention to you guys that I'm also a Forensic Chemist. I analyze evidences collected at crime scenes. I'm more of in the Lab most in the evening. That's why I mostly come home late..." I explained to them with a grin.

"I'm actually Dr. Shiro Hinata, before I became Agent Shiro..." my brothers then leaned in to look at my I.D. and awed at it in amazement.

"FBI Agent Forensic Chemist..." Tsubaki read loudly.