Chapter 26: Sweet✨ (Christmas OVA)

Third Person's POV

The moment the snowstorm had died down, Kaname had finally returned with Ema in his arms. Masaomi immediately approached them and asked Kaname to sat her down. He then gave her a few check up. He held her feet in his hand, checking her ankle.

"So, Does it hurt?" He asked as he stretched her feet gently.

"A little..."

"There is nothing wrong with your bones" He diagnosed as he gently put her foot down and smiled up to her.

"I think you just have a slight sprain. You just have to rest it up a bit, and don't stretch it too much till it's healed..." He advised and Ema smiled at him gratefully.

"Thank you very much"

"You shouldn't thank me, Thank Kaname instead..." He stated and Ema look at the blonde monk who had a look of worry on his face.

"Thank you..." She said with a smile, snapping the blonde monk out of his daze and smiled sadly at her.

"I don't want to see it anymore. To see misfortune befall on my family..." He stated out of the moment making Masaomi froze and Natsume turn his head towards him. Ema only stared at him confused, not getting why he would say that out of the blue.

"By the way, Where is Nee-chan?" Ema suddenly asked when she noticed that her black haired sister is nowhere to be found. She was expecting her to be here and giving her a lot of scolding and crying.

Masaomi sadly smiled at the brunette as he stand up.

"She passed out after crying and worrying about you. We brought her to your shared room, Hikaru is with her at the moment..." he explained, making Ema gasp in worry.

"She passed out?" Kaname asked worriedly and Masaomi nodded.

"I'm sorry!" Yuusuke suddenly apologized, his head cast down in guilt.

"Because of me, you and Shiro-nee..."

"No, It's not your fault. I'm also at fault here for making everyone worry, especially Shiro-nee" Ema reassured Yuusuke who still looked guilty.

Masaomi smiled at the scene and decided to speak up to ease the tension between them.

"We need to move her to her room, can you help me?" Masaomi stated as he asked Natsume who nodded.

"Yuusuke, Can you call room service and ask for Hot cocoa?"

~*~*~

The room was dimly lit and silent. Hikaru was just quietly sitting on the stool that he placed beside Shiro's bed, staring at her sleeping face. His face was blank as his arms and legs were crossed. He had been sitting there for fifteen minutes or so doing nothing but watch her sleep. He heaved a long sigh as he leaned forward and held Shiro's cold right hand in his warm ones.

"Why didn't you tell me you're still suffering from it..." He whispered as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze before letting it go and tucking it under the blanket.

"You should have told me, so I can help you..." He whispered again.

A sad smile crossed his lips as he quietly stood up from his seat and left the room. Leaving the black-haired girl all alone to rest.

~*~*~

Shiro softly groaned as she stirred in her bed. She then jolted awake when she remembered about her sister. Her eyes frantically searched the dimly lit room. Her eyes softened when it landed on the brunette girl on the bed opposite to hers. Ema was sleeping.