Chapter 19

Normani was still at her mom's house and sobbing as she remembered Sophie and what was done to Ally. That day at the police station, Ashton explained how the police arrived around five minutes later. Ashton waited for them in the porch as he silently cried. When the police arrived one took him as the other checked the house and crime scene. He explained to the detective how he immediately asked to be taken to the police station, because he couldn't be in there anymore. The police officer knew it was difficult for him to be there, so he was taken to the police station immediately. He explained how he was told he would stay the night at the police station and the next day he would be interrogation with a state lawyer.

            The day after the interrogation Normani and Dinah went back to the police station to meet Ashton. The pair had asked the police detective to meet the teen as after hearing the story they wanted to help him. That day when the pair arrived they were put in an interrogation room. In there they waited with a child service psychologist, Ashton's lawyer, the detective, and two security guards. After a few minutes of waiting Ashton arrived with two other security guards they sat him down and took the handcuffs of him. Bothe of the security guards stood behind him as he sat and looked down at his hands.

            "Hey, Ashton. I'm Amy, your child services psychologist. This here are Normani and Dinah. They are the girl you took mothers. They wanted to talk to you before the trial.

            "Uhm- Hey Ashton. I'm extremely about your siblings. You were probably an amazing older brother, they probably loved you so much."

            "I-I wanted to apolagise for what I did to you and your family. I really didn't want to take the girl from you. In the end it didn't matter, Lucy and Zjair ended up dead. I just hope you two are okay. I really tried to shot you where it would cause the less harm possible.

            "Yeah, Normani and I have been going to Physiotherapy and our leg movement is almost back to normal."

            "That's good. I-uh-I think I can help you with the investigation at least to find my boss"

            "Thanks Ashton. We'll keep you informed if we find Sophie. Also, we'll not press charges against you and we are going to help you finish your high school and college studies. Also when you get out we'll help you find a job and a stable life.

            "Thank you so much. I promise I won't let you down. I'll do my best to get out of here as soon as possible".

            They talked for a few more minutes until Ashton was taken out back to Juvenile jail. They didn't see each other again until a month later, when Ashton had his trial. He was sentenced as a child and would be taken out of jail when he turned twenty one. After that day Normani and Dinah started going to visit him once or twice a month, and every time they would bring him a book to read. That went by for around the two years that had happened.

*

            "Baby, I know everything with Sophie's disappearance has been really hard for you and Dinah" Andrea told Normani as she caressed her back. "But I really need to know if you're hurting about that, or about something else, for me to be able to help you"

            "Today's just been a shit day, a whole fucking shit day" Normani cried in her mother's chest "And Dinah has really tried to make me feel better, but I can't I feel like shit. And I hate that. I hate that I'm being so selfish, with her trying to make me feel better but I just cry cry and fucking cry."

            "Okay so, what has made it such a shit day? Did something happened with the girls, or did you get bad news on Sophie."

            "The girls mommy. Specifically Ally, the oldest one." Normani cried "I just don't get how she has suffered that much and I hadn't realized."