Chapter 30

Normani arrived home a little before two thirty and as she entered the kitchen she saw her daughters finishing their tutoring with Liza.

"Okay, so girls that's it for today" Liza said "You did pretty amazing today. I'm proud to say I'm impressed by your progress so far."

"Thank you" Ally told her.

"Hi loves" Normani said earning her foster daughters attention "Hi Liza, how did they do today?"

"They did pretty good, actually. The three of them are advancing pretty fast. I think that Ally will be able to enter first grade and Lauren kindergarden."

"Oh that's great"

"Yes, well I shall get going, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yes, thank you Liza. Bye"

"Bye"

"Bye sweeties"

"Bye Liza"

Liza headed to the entrance door opened it and headed out. Once the woman had left Normani sat in the table where her foster daughters were to talk to them about their day.

"So loves how was your day? Did you learn something new today?"

"Yeah" Lauren told her "Liza nice she teach nice thing every day. We learn new things every day with her"

"That's good love, I'm proud of you".

"How was your day, Mani?"

"It was good love, thanks for asking".

"What you do"

"Well normally I have meetings with people who need my help to go to courtroom during the day, and when I'm not doing that I check the following new cases"

"What you work in" Lauren asked not understanding what her foster mother meant with 'checking the following cases'.

"I'm a lawyer"

"What that" Lauren asked again turning her head in confusion.

"A lawyer is a person who defends people who are sent to court because of whatever reason." Normani explained "For example, if someone says Lauren stole a crayon and takes her to court, my job is to defend Lauren by proving she didn't stole the crayon".

"And if I did stole the crayon?"

"My work is to defend the person, so I have to look for a valid reason for you to steal the crayon because I can't lie in court".

"Oh"

"And what you do today?" Ally asked her foster mother.

"Well today I only had a meetin for one of my cases in the morning, and the rest of the day I had to check files of upcoming cases. Also Dinah visited me on her way to her job."

"What DJ work for?" Ally asked.

"She owns her own music academy. I have my own law business and she has her music academy".

"So you the boss?" Ally asked and made Normani laugh.

"Yes you can say that". Normani chuckled at her oldest foster daughter's question.

"But yo no meanie boss?"Lauren asked and the dark-skinned shacked her head in 'no'.

"Dinah and I treat all our employes with their deserved respect, but sometimes when they do treat us badly we have to remember who they work for and that they always have to treat us both with respect."

"That happen a lot?" Ally asked her foster mother.

"Not that much, our workes all are pretty nice" Normani explained to her two older foster daughter who were the ones paying attention to her "But sometimes, with the new people specially, they don't know 'their place' and how they always have to adress us with respect and we'll do the same, so we got to make them understand that.,"