■ ONE ■

■ ONE ■

Present day...

"Sure thing, anything else I can get you?" I asked, poising my pen ready.

"Can I get another basket of fries" the middle aged man said, glancing at his son who seemed engrossed in his phone.

"Sure, I'll get those right away" I said, quickly reaching to grab their menus.

Whirling around, I started for the kitchen and placed their order on the steel bench. "Order for table fourteen" I said, giving the cook a smile.

He smiled back and handed me a plate. "Table tem" he said.

I nodded and quickly walked back into the dining area and placed the plate in front of the woman that requested it. "Um excuse me" the woman said just as I was about to walk away.

"Yes?" I asked, turning to face her.

"This steak isn't medium rare" she said, glancing at the perfectly medium rare steak.

"Sure it is ma'am" I replied, looking a little confused.

"And this salad is a floppy mess, I want a redo" she said, loudly making other patrons look at her.

"Of course ma'am" I said, taking the plate again with a sigh.

The customer is always right. "Oh hell no!" A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see Irene walk up to me, shoving her notebook in her pocket. "Ma'am we are full tonight, we don't have time to be making the salad looking all pretty for you, it's food.. goes in one end and comes out the other" she said quickly.

I widened my eyes and glanced at the woman who seemed to be preparing to argue. "And before you go calling for the manager, I am the manager, if you don't like what's served at rush hour than I highly suggest you learn how to cook" Irene said crossing her arms.

The woman scoffed. "There are so many better resturants in this town!" The woman exclaimed.

Irene raised an eyebrow. "Than go to them, goodbye" she said as the woman got up.

She grabbed her things and stalked off with a puff. "Listen babes, I know you're all about being perfect in everything you do, but something you just gotta tell them to go away" Irene said, giving me a look.

I sighed. "It's just your third week, you'll get there" she said, patting my shoulder before walking off.

Holding the plate, I walked back into the kitchen. "Scrap this, please" I said.

The cook took the plate from me before handing me another one. "Table fourteen" he said.

I thanked him, quickly delivering the food. The rest of the night went off without a hitch, without any other people hating their orders. When the night finally ended and the cook finally turned off the cooker, I turned to Irene. "You did good tonight kid" she said with a smile.

"Thanks" I replied.

"Here's your tips and cheque" she said, holding out her hand.

I took them and quickly put it in my purse. "Thank you again, I'll see you tomorrow for dinner shift" I said waving to the cook.

He waved back and I walked towards the entrance doors. My wedges grounded the gravel noisily against each other as I walked to my car.

My head was buried in my bag, looking for my keys. The cook and Irene laughed as they strode to their car and disappeared home. Finding my keys, I looked up.

Night was spooky for me and I was really tired. I unlocked my car and walked towards it when someone grabed my arm. Letting out an ear piercing scream, a hand clamped over my mouth as the shadowy figure slammed me against my car door. "Silence bitch!" The male voice snapped.

I kicked my knee up, kneeing him in the balls and he yelped before grabbing my hair and twisting it in his grasp. "You'll pay for that, you little bitch!" The man snarled.

"No please!" I begged, tears threatening to fall with each painful hair tug.

"Take everything, please!" I said shoving my bag at him.

The man cackled. "You think I need money! Oh no, I'm here for you sweet thing!" The man said, as I felt his nose brush across my neck.

I let out another scream but the man let go of my hair and put a crushing weight in my windpipe. "I said silence!" He snapped.

I tried to get away but he held me firmly. "Stop!" I repeated over and over.

"Please stop!" I rapsed out, tears streaming down my face.

Oh my god, this was it. I was going to lose my innocence to this filthy man. He was going to defile me. I heard his zipper come down and a whole new wave of struggling began. "Stupid whore, stand still!" The man cursed out.

I tried to scream again but my windpipe was cut off.

"If I were you, I would stop touching her" a dark voice suddenly said.

My eyes widened and the man whirled around, letting me go. I fell to the gravel and practically curled up, half under my car.

I heard a click and saw the man flick out a silver knife. "Stay the fuck away!" The filthy man spat.

"Step away from the lady" the voice said again.

The man whirled around. "Where are you, fight me you asshole!" The man spat again.

I flinched. "I said, step away from the lady" the voice said, deeper and laced with authority.

I heard gravel shift and looked up to see a shadowy figure appear before the man with the knife. I couldn't see his face which was hidden in shadows. "You've come to the wrong parking lot, you fuckwit!" The man who had been assulting me growled.

The black gloved hand of the mysterious stranger curled into a fist. "Forgive me for not being scared of your flimsy knife" the shadowed man said.

My harrasser launched forward and I looked away, not wanting to see the silver knife protruding from the man who had saved me. Instead, I heard a gurgling sound and I opened my eyes to see the mysterious man held my harrasser by his throat.

Something glinted and before I had time to blink and process it, the man darted forward and buried his head at the crook of the other mans neck. My harrasser screamed.

My eyes widened and I quickly scrambled from under my car and yanked my car door open. The shadowy figure who had saved me, tossed the other man aside as I started up my car.

I peeled out of the parking lot as he took a step towards me, my headlights sweeping across his body and only showing his mouth. Blood stained his chin but I didn't have time to react as I pressed down on the accelerator and sped off. 

What the absolute fuck just happened?

A/N

First chapter!
What did you think?

I love the well received love I'm getting for this and I truly hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I will writing it.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox