■ SEVENTEEN ■

■ SEVENTEEN ■
The King □

"You have some nerve coming back here" I snapped as Zurie sat on the throne.

"Oh stop being so dramatic Mekhi, she was just a waste of time" she replied, before glancing up.

I said nothing. "Or maybe that worthless human may have actually caught your attention, what did I teach you about falling for humans?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

Turning away from Zurie, I folded my hands behind my back. "What do you want?" I asked, glancing at my Maker.

She stared at me as though I should already know the answer to that. "Like I said, we've been together a long time and I'm not going to let some human girl take you away from me," she replied studying my expression.

"She's not just some human girl Zurie, she's the future Queen and I want her" I replied through my teeth.

Zurie tsked. "She's human and cannot handle the pressure" she replied firmly.

"Oh really? You seem to say that now after she put you on your knees" I bit back.

She was in front of me in an instant. "You wear that crown because I gave it to you, do not mistake me for someone who gives a shit about taking it away from you" she replied back nastily.

Reaching up, I gripped her shoulder and pushed her back. She slammed into the wall after sliding across the floor. I appeared in front of her and slammed my hand against her throat, holding her firm to the wall. "And do not mistake me for the man you knew when you turned me, I am no longer yours so do not threaten my crown or my  future wife!" I snapped.

A grin spread across her face. "It's been a while since you've thrown me against the wall Mekhi" she said before sticking out her tongue and licking a strip across my cheek.

I leaned back, disgusted. "I feel nothing for you, so get the fuck out of my castle" I said, my authority leaking into my tone.

"Feelings are useless anyway, remember the days when it was just you and I and a whole lot of Paris to drain?" She asked, studying my eyes.

I narrowed my eyes. "Get out" I said, letting go of her throat.

"No, I have a right to be here and I have a right to that throne" Zurie replied cheerfully.

My hands fisted. "Get out before I throw you out" I growled.

"What's the matter? Can't handle a bit of history?" She asked, moving away from me.

I turned to speak but a scream echoed through my thoughts. My nostrils flared. "Celene!" I muttered.

"Where are you going!" Zurie exclaimed.

I didn't answer, just used my vampire speed to get further away from her and closer to Celene. I heard her pleads in my mind and I threw open her bedroom door. The vampire who had been stalking her, leant over her and she cowered in fear on the bed. 

Tears ran down her face and I noticed the piles of clothes. She had been packing to leave. I didn't have time to think about it before the vampire was coming at me, with a yell.

I ducked to the side and grabbed his throat, pushing him against the wall and sliding him up.  I heard Celene move on her bed. "My room, now!" I growled out as my fangs began to lengthen.

Her scent brushed past me, making the vampire I held squirm. Raising my hand, I pressed it to his chest. "Resist the temptations" I growled out.

The Vampire didn't say anything, but struggled against me. Glaring at the vampire, I eased my hand forward and inched my fingers around his heart. "Resist it!" I snapped.

The vampire gave out a manic laugh. "Never!" He exclaimed.

Without a second choice, I pulled my hand back, taking his heart with it. I ripped the heart from the vampire's body and instantly the man stopped moving.

I tossed the heart onto the fire that raged within it's grate before moving to the bathroom the bathroom and washing my hands to clean away the blood. As soon as I was done, I walked to my room and thought about what I should say to her.

Celene was fragile and strong but in this moment as I scanned her thoughts, all she felt was numb. In her thoughts, I'd betrayed her.

I opened my door and saw her huddled on the bed. "Is he-?" She asked, unable to finish the sentence.

"Yes, he's dead," I replied, roughly.

Her hair spilled out across her shoulder, as she wiped her eyes. "Sorry for everything I've caused, I'll go finish packing my bags" she said, standing up. 

An emotion ran through me that I hadn't felt in a very long time. "You're not going anywhere, besides his body is still in the room and I do not want you seeing that" I replied, stepping closer to her.

My goddess, she was beautiful even when she'd been crying.

"Oh" she replied, sitting back down on the bed.

It was silent for a moment before I spoke. "Celene-" I started to say.

She broke me off. "You don't have to explain, I get it" she replied.

"No you don't, what happened between Zurie and I was centuries ago" I said, moving closer to her.

She didn't want to hear this but I needed to tell her. "She was my maker and it was just her and I traveling across the globe and doing terrible things, that stopped when I found this place and she left" I said, bending down to look at her in the eyes.

"Don't leave" I said, firmly.

She frowned and turned away. "Please" I added softly.

"She seems very set on getting rid of me, Mekhi," she said, before wiping underneath her eyes.

Her soft voice saying my name caused me to dart forward and kiss her. She gasped against my lips as my hands lifted to cradle her face. I was trying to go slowly for her, so she could get used to me, my kind and the crown but there was always little instances where I needed to taste her.

Maybe I was also addicted to her, it wouldn't surprise me. Deepening the kiss, I scanned her thoughts. She was still sad, and confused and as I pulled away, I made a silent promise that I would explain everything to her at the right time.

A/N

I wonder when the right time will be Mekhi, because it sounds like Zurie will do anything to destory whatever relationship you have with Celene.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

What did you think of this chapter?
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!