■ THREE ■

■ THREE ■

Very slowly, I blinked my eyes open and shied away from the light that filled the room. Hearing footsteps, I closed my eyes again.

"So this is the one the King wants" a rough voice said, like nails on a chalkboard.

"I feel sorry for her, she's not going to last more than a day" a female voice replied.

"Is this the one he saved from that rapist?" The nail voice guy asked.

"Yeah, which is weird considering he doesn't help anyone for anything, but the best part is that she has seen his face" the female replied.

"How do you know?"

"I just do" the female replied.

"We know you're awake!" The male voice called out.

My eyes shot open and I scrambled back before finally looking at my surroundings. I was in a concrete room, with one wall just full of bars. Two tall figures stood behind the bars, their faces the most beautiful people I had seen.

My back hit the concrete wall and I winced. "Yeah, I'd go easy love, your body has been beaten and bruised" the man said, watching me carefully.

"Wh-o are" I tried to talk but my throat was raw.

"Drink this, it will help recover your throat" the beautiful woman said, holding out a flask through the bars.

I didn't move but the man smirked. "She's smart, might last more than a day after all" he said, glancing at his partner.

"Where am I!" I exclaimed, wincing at my dry throat.

"You're home now, this place will be your home until the King decides to let you go" the male replied, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow.

They both looked like they had stepped out of magazines. "I'm not a prisoner!" I exclaimed.

The woman sniggered. "Sure, darling and I am the Queen of England" she replied, eyeing me carefully.

Hearing steady footsteps, the couple glanced at each other before giving me a goodbye wave. They disappeared and I darted forward, dragging my sore body across the cement floor. "Wait! Let me go!" I screamed.

My scream was met with silence. Tears threatened my eyes and I kept chiding myself not to cry. They were not allowed to see me cry.

Using the bars, I forced myself onto my shaking legs. "Help!" I yelled, as the fresh hot tears fell down my cheeks.

A door banged somewhere in the building and I jumped back away from the bars. Turning around, I glanced around to see if there was a way to break the bars or even a way to get out at all.

Defeated, I slumped back on the ground.

Hugging my knees to my chest, I pressed my face into my knees and let out a sob. "Humans are so weak" a cold voice said, making me jerk up.

I flattened myself against the wall as a tall man stood in front of the bars. He held himself well with his hand behind back. I couldn't see his face but something in me knew that this man was the one who took me and this was the man in charge.

"Let me go" I breathed out.

He tilted his face just a little and I saw his silver eyes narrow at my plea. "No" he replied.

I bit back another sob that threatened and once again used the wall to push myself up. "What do you want from me" I said, proud of myself that my voice wasn't shaking.

"I saved you, now it's time for you to repay me" his gravel tone replied.

I crossed my arms over my chest, holding myself together. "I- I did-dn't ask-k you to d-do that" I replied, as my voice began to shake.

His eyes stared at me or glared at me, I couldn't tell. "I've seen your face! I will report you to every cop in town!" I suddenly exclaimed, finding my bravery again.

Something flashed and I looked in horror as the shadowed man curled his lip, exposing a very sharp fang. "And I will not hesitate to rip your throat out" the shadowed figure replied harshly.

"Who are you" I said, wiping at my eyes.

My hands burned at the contact, my skin dry and breaking. "Your worst nightmare, the dark monster that hides under your bed" he growled.

I took a step forward, his eyes watching me with the other side of his lip curled up to show another fang. I shook my head. "Vampires aren't real" I breathed out, mostly to myself.

I let out a high pitched scream as the shadowed man appeared within my cell and clutched my throat, forcing me against the wall. "Oh we are very much real and we're monsters," he snapped.

I opened my mouth to breathe but nothing was coming into my lungs. "You will obey my orders, or I will happily rip your throat out!" He snarled.

"If-f you w-wanted-d to d-do that-t, you-u would-d've d-done it-t already" I rasped out.

His grip tightened. "Do not speak unless spoken to! Do not test me human!" He snarled again.

I choked on empty air, feeling the colours on my face turning. "Do you understand?!" He shouted.

I choked again. He loosened his hold for just a moment and I sucked in much needed air. I nodded, shying away from his eyes.

Instead, he leaned closer to me and I stilled. "I want to hear you say it" he snarled in my ear.

Fear shivered down my spine. This man was going to kill me if I didn't conform. "I understand" I rasped out.

His grip tightened. "I understand, my lord" I quickly said, afriad of the choking I would get.

He let go of me and I collasped onto the dirty floor, sucking in as much air as I could. Glancing up, the shadowed figure was back outside the cell and without another word, he turned on his heel and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Reaching up, I clutched my throat lightly. Trying to rub away the pain he'd left behind. I was definitely going to die down here.

A/N

Hmm poor Celene.
I wonder if she's going to keep her smart mouth to herself.

I just want you guys to know that this book will be rough and probably shocking. This is adult and mature.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxo