■ EPILOGUE ■

Unhappy Ending

My father rolled his eyes, as he watched our exchange.

This was it. "Can't say I'm not enjoying this, because not only do I get to kill my monster of a daughter, I get to kill the man who had taken the lives of many wolves," my father said as he stepped towards me.

I swallowed and my father looked up and nodded. The hands tighened around my neck and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Oh no, dear daughter, open your eyes," my father's gravelly voice requested.

Slowly, I opened them, locking eyes with the man I had just realised I had been in love with this entire time.

"I want him to see the light die from your eyes," my father said, crouching down next to Mekhi.

Mekhi struggled against his hold, turning his face away. "I said, look!" My father ordered.

Mekhi refused but my father gripped his head and turned it, forcing him to look at me. "Don't close your eyes, either of you, I want you to see each other," he growled.

Mekhi's eyes started to water as we looked at each other. I had never seen Mekhi cry, I guess with the many years alive, he had learned to shut his emotions in a box and forget about them.

But now, he was staring his emotions in the face.

"It's okay," I whispered, a tear falling from my eyes.

He shook his head as much as he could. "I love you so much," he replied softly.

I smiled sadly. "I know," I replied, before my smile faded.

Letting go of my other arm, I reached out to him. "I am forever bound to you, my lord," I whispered.

He reached his free hand. "And I to you, my love," he whispered before his voice broke.

Our fingertips brushed and my father scoffed. "Okay, that's enough," he said before looking at the person behind me.

I was fully crying now, my cheeks wet with the river of tears that fell for my life and the man in front of me.

My father nodded his head and I heard Mekhi yell out before my neck was twisted and everything went black.

■ Mekhi ■

"No!" I yelled out, the words ripped from my mouth as I watched Celene's body tumble to the ground.

A scream tore from my throat as anger, pain and loathing filled me. I lunged forward but the wolf that held me, pulled me back. I stared at the beautiful woman on the ground.

Her eyes open and unblinking. I had lost her.

Rage tore through me and I looked up at her father who seemed pleased with himself. "And you say I'm the monster," I cried out.

His eyes narrowed as he turned his body to look at me properly. "You did this to her!" He snapped, pointing at Celene.

I couldn't bare to look at her again.

"You entrapped her in your spell and then turned her into a monster!" He snapped again.

He stepped forward. "Any last words?" He asked, his tone neutral.

"Burn in hell," I growled out.

A grin spread across his face, looking up at the person behind me. I closed my eyes, wishing to meet death quickly.