■ TWENTY- THREE ■

■ TWENTY- THREE ■

After the events of what happened outside, I was a little confused as Miles walked towards an empty table. How could he just ignore what happened?

A waiter smiled as he handed us some menus and asked what drinks we would like. Before I could ask for water, Miles spoke up and asked for it.
I frowned.

I looked down at the menu, but not really seeing it as I went over my thoughts. We hardly spoke for the first few minutes and I was kinda glad that Mekhi was giving me the time to think.

Wait, Mekhi?
Who the heck is Mekhi?

"Decided?" Miles chimed up, making me look at him.

I stared at him for a moment and he seemed to frown. "Is something wrong?" He asked, tilting his head.

The gesture seemed so familiar and I shook my dizzying thoughts. "Yeah, I'm going to have the saucy pasta" I replied, placing my menu down.

"Excellent" he replied, flashing me a smile.

In my mind's eye, his canine teeth were lengthening. What the hell is wrong with me?

The waiter came back over with an icy glass of water and it gave me the chance to study Miles without him noticing. I knew him, I definitely knew him. As the waiter filled our glass, Miles moved his hand and a flash of silver caught my eye.

It looked like a royal sigil and everything in me froze. Royal. Miles. Vampire. Mekhi. The Vampire King.

With a snap, Mil-Mekhi turned his head to look at me. "I was wondering when you were going to figure it out" he said as the waiter moved away.

"You bastard" I hissed.

Mekhi just shrugged. "I had to block your memories, I knew it wasn't going to be forever before you eventually got rid of the block yourself," he replied, lifting his hand to drink his water.

I moved to stand up but his cool voice stopped me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said calmly.

Turning around, I glared at him. "Or what? Going to remove my memories again?" I asked, my hands curling into fists.

Mekhi seemed to scoff. "I didn't remove your memories, they were there all along, I just needed you to not remember them until I got you out safely," He replied, placing his glass on the table.

"Got me out safely?" I asked confused.

"Zurie seemed intent on finishing you off, I sacrificed a great deal to get you out of there" Mekhi said, turning his silver eyes to my blue ones.

"You sacrificed a great deal? Ha, let me guess, you handed her your riches and said here you go my love, have at it" I mocked.

Mekhi sighed. "Something of the sort" he replied.

He gestured back to my chair and I hesitantly sat down. "I gave her my crown" he added.

"What!" I exploded.

He rolled his eyes before turning his head to look away. "The details are irrelevant," he replied.

"Irrelevant, are you kidding me? You're the Vampire King, you can't be a king without a crown!" I exclaimed in a loud whisper.

"You're exaggerating as usual," he replied.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why aren't you terrified that Zurie will kill you now that you aren't royal?" I asked.

"Zurie won't ever kill me, she took me in when I killed my real vampire maker, she's fond of me" he replied.

I blinked. "Wait, she didn't turn you?" I asked confused.