■ FOURTY- ONE ■

■ FOURTY-ONE ■

My fingers tapped impatiently on my knee as I sat in front of the front door, waiting for Mekhi to return.

Richard hadn't come out of his room since Mekhi had left and that was seven hours ago. Worry nawed at me, and a slight panic set over me that maybe this was the end of Mekhi and I.

Truthfully, I had told Richard that I was with his father and I didn't initiate any kiss but that was a very thin reality I was holding on to.

Mekhi was an old fashioned man, and in those times, no matter how small the detail I would be classed as a cheater, even if I didn't do anything wrong.

A part of me hoped that Mekhi would see through this and talk to me, but the fact he had left and hadn't returned wasn't making this any easier. I was scared.

We had our rough patches, and that's the truth, we weren't perfect but neither of us were trying to be someone we weren't. Yes, Mekhi could be a little harsh and a little stubborn but I had my flaws too and somehow, we made it work between us. Well, we had made it work until now.

I placed my head in my hands, sighing.

Honestly, I had no idea what I was going to do if he didn't come back. I was a newly turned Vampire, Mekhi was all I knew in my new life.

The eighth hour passed and the feeling in my stomach only worsened.

My foot jiggled as the sunlight crossed the floor, shadows following it as night fell. My eyes closed. Sighing, I pushed myself up and grabbed my jacket.

I opened the front door and emerged into the cool night air.

The streets were filled with people still and I walked down the stairs, crossing my arms to pretend I was cold.

Emerging into the crowd, I tried to catch Mekhi's scent but it was long gone. I walked the streets, looking for any sign of the ancient vampire but I saw nothing.

The ninth hour passed and I had started to cry. Tears fell from my eyes as I walked the streets helplessly.

"Mekhi!" I yelled out, hoping he'd hear.

I shivered and not from the cold. It was worry and pain. A sob fell from me as I looked around, lost and confused.

Where was he?

I neared a metal bench and sat down, crying. I enclosed my hand over my mouth, to muffle my sobs. I didn't want any mortals looking at me.

I closed my eyes and pulled my knees up to my chest, resting my forehead against them. Mekhi was gone and it was all my fault.

The tenth hour passed and I still hadn't moved.

I shuddered as sobs wracked my body. Feeling movememt next to me, I quietened. I really didn't want to be asked if I was okay.

Lifting my head slightly, I peeked at the person next to me before dropping my legs. "Mekhi," I breathed out.

He didn't look at me.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed before sobbing again.

His eyes closed slowly and he shook his head. "You're not the one who should be sorry," he said quietly.

I wiped my eyes. "W-what?" I stuttered.

"I shouldn't have left, but I was so angry," he said, lacing his hands together.

I wiped away fresh tears.

"Celene, I'm sorry I'm not enough for you," he added, sounding hurt.

My eyes widened before I moved towards him. "Enough for me? Mekhi, you are all that I want!" I exclaimed, surprised.

Finally, his turned his head to look at me. Looking as lost and broken as I felt 

"Then why.." he trailed off.

I shook my head and covered my mouth again as sadness washed over me and I sobbed into my hand.

"What Richard did, I didn't want that, I swear to you," I said, my eyes watering.

Mekhi's jaw locked.

"I believe you," he said finally.

I breathed out in relief, before shaking my head. "Mekhi, I love you so much and I never want to lose you."

"Than why won't you accept my proposal?" Mekhi asked, sounding harsh.

I flinched as he stood up.

"I can't do this Celene, you're either all in or you're not and I need you to make up your mind! You say you want me but sadly the crown and the job comes with!" He exclaimed.

I stared at the ground, unable to answer.

"I can't do this without you, Celene, you're the reason I want to survive now, the reason I'm still here and I can't keep getting rejected anymore, so tell me or give me a sign, be with me or let me go," he said, gesturing with his arms.

The city twinkled behind him, my tears streamed down my face. "Mekhi-" I started to say before sobbing.

His face turned into an emotionless mask. "I see, than it's best we go our seperate ways," he said, sounding like a cold stranger.

"No!" I exclaimed, standing up.

"I told you Celene, no more rejection, it hurts too much."

He turned away and the dread of never seeing him again filled me up. I grabbed his arm quickly. "No, please don't leave!" I begged.

Mekhi shrugged off my grip. "Mekhi! Please!" I called out as he began to walk around.

"Mekhi, no please!"

"I love you!" I yelled, pouring my heart into those words.

Mekhi froze. He slowly turned his head to look at me.

Tears streamed down my face as I hugged myself. His face softened before hardening. "Apparently, not enough," he replied.

I cried out and fell to my knees as he walked away. I begged him to come back. The pain hurt too much and I couldn't breathe.

I felt like I was dying, like a piece of me was torn and broken.
And I realised a piece of me was.

My heart.

A/N

Actual crying right now.

Wow, this was so hard to write.
Like, so hard.

I hope you guys listened to the song with this, I love making soundtracks to the important moments.

Please forgive me.

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Tavana xoxoxox