■ FIVE ■

■ FIVE ■

The man threw me inside the doorway and I fell to the floor in a heap. Lifting my head to glare at the man, he glared back before slamming the door closed. "Are you alright?" A sweet voice asked from within the room.

I quickly sat up, ignoring the flash of pain that spread across my body. "I'm fine" I replied.

A woman came out of the shadows wearing a maids uniform. "So you must be Celene, the woman the King saved" she said, her green eyes studying me.

"He didn't save me, he kidnapped me" I replied.

A smile teased her lips. "I can handle the sarcasm but the King hates it when someone doesn't follow his orders" she said, walking closer.

She held out her hands and I reached out and grabbed them. Pulling me up, she glanced at my bruised body. "They really did a rough number on you" she said mostly to herself.

I cleared my throat. "Come this way darling, lets get you a hot bath and some fresh clothes" she said, taking my hand.

I followed the plump eldery lady towards the back of the room to another door. Subconsciously, I ran my ragged hands over my dirty arms and realised I probably looked like a filthy beggar. I had been in front of the King, looking like this. Not that I cared what he thought but still, I needed to hold onto the shred of decency I had left.

The door opened to a simple bathroom, the tub big enough to hide your whole body under the water.
It had a sink and that was pretty much it. I glanced at the lady who moved to a small cupboard behind the door. Reaching up she grabbed a bundle.

"There are the maid's clothing, you are to wear this at all times.. You will have a second pair for you as well" she said, handing me the bundle.

I took it gently. "I know this isn't glamorous and what not but if you do your job and keep your mouth shut, you get treated pretty well" the lady said.

"Thank you -" I cut off, looking at her questionably.

"Natalia" she replied smiling.

"Thank you" I said again.

She gave me another smile and a head nod before closing the door and leaving me to ny privacy. Sighing, I moved to the sink and placed my clothes down before turning to the bath.

I turned the taps on for perfect temperature  and waited for it to fill. Slowly, I stripped myself of my old uniform and put it in a heap on the floor.

Climbing into the bath, I winced as the water washed over cuts and brusies on my body.
I sank below the water.

I only had one burning question on my mind. Why would the King save me only to trap me here and have to obey every order.

I resurfaced and began to wash my body, careful around my sores but making sure they were clean. I rubbed some soap through my hair, not caring if it made it dry.

I stayed in the water until my skin began to wrinkle. Climbing out, I dried and pulled on the maid uniform which was a bit loose.

Taking my hair tie, I pulled my hair up into a bun. I grabbed my filthy pile of clothes and opened the bathroom door.

Natalie was leaning in the bench, waiting for me with her eyes closed. She looked like a graceful elderly lady that probably had been stuck here for a long time. I cleared my throat. She opened her eyes and looked me over, giving me a wide smile.

"That looks great on you, here let me take those" she said starting forward.

Taking my filthy clothes, she turned and threw them in the bin. I stared at the flapping lid as my life disappeared.

"Now your duties are to tend to the King, you must follow all his orders, follow me" she said gently.

Keeping the sigh to myself, I followed Natalie from the room as she opened another door that led to a luscious hallway. "This is the servants corridor, this has direct access to all of the important rooms" she said.

I tried to keep all the information as she stopped in front of a golden door. "This is the King's room, to have access.. you need the key but you have to ask him for that, everything else will come alone in time" she said gently.

She moved to another door and opened it. "He's in here, best hurry" she said before gesturing me forward.

My eyes widened and I cowered away. "Just ask him for the key and use your manners" she said, pushing ne inside.

I swallowed heavily before walking further into the room. Looking around, I couldn't see anyone. A cold shiver went down my spine and i whirled around and stumbled back.
"Can I help you with something?" His dark toned voice asked.

I bent my head. "My lord, I was going to request the key to your room" I said, gulping.

"I see you're sinking into the maid role well" he said, taking a step back before walking over to a stack of books.

I bit back my sarcastic reply. "Of course, my lord" I replied.

He turned to study me before lifting a hand and taking a chain off his neck. "Lose it and you will pay the price" he said seriously.

The King held it out and I moved to grab it. Quick as lightning, he grabbed my wrist and twisted my arm so I was trapped against him and the table. His body pressed to my back.

"If you set one foot out of line, I will not hesitate to let any Vampire drain you or better yet, I'll do it myself, do you understand?" He asked, his breath washing across my ear and neck.

"Yes, my lord" I rasped, before wincing.

"Good, now get out" he snapped, letting me go.

I didn't hesitate. I ran from the room.

A/N

Another chapter for you all.

I'm not in a good mood today so I'm not even going to pretend to be happy.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Lots of love, T xoxoxoxo