■ TWO ■

■ TWO ■

The next morning, I busied myself with normal house chores. Trying to squash down the memories of last night where practically impossible and I couldn't help but turn on the news at Lunch.

The parkling lot was cordoned off but would be open just in time for the dinner rush. The news anchor was talking and I zoned in to listen to what she was saying.

"The victim was a twenty-five, Caucasian male seemed to be drained of blood.." the woman continued.

I shivered. How funny that he was the victim when last night he had made me the victim. "Police are calling it an animal attack and anyone with further information are pleased asked to come forward, over to you Joanne" the woman said.

Should I go to the police? I don't see how they'd believe me about a man attacking him and draining his blood. Vampires didn't exist. I had hoped last night was just a crazy dream and I hadn't seen anyone murdered but the tv had just confirmed my worst fear.

I finished cleaning the house and got ready for work. This time, I wore sneakers instead of wedges. In case, I needed to run away.

Hopefully, whoever that man was, is gone and I wouldn't have to worry about it. Climbing into my car, I felt eyes on me and looked around the empty street. Just an aftermath of last night. I drove to the resturant and the police were taking the tape away, letting me in.

The place where the body had been had been brushed over, all traces of blood gone. I nodded my head respectively at the Police Officers as I walked up to the resturant door. "Oh you're here early" Irene said as I appeared in the room.

"I had a feeling you'd need me early" I replied, glancing at the full house.

You'd think a murder would turn people away. Oh no, these people were excited to have something drastic happen in this small quiet town.

"Well your feelings were right, you can take Cassie's area today, she hasn't showed up" Irene said, rolling her eyes.

Nodding, I grabbed my notebook and pen and straightened my clothes. "Hi, my name is Celene and I'll be looking after you tonight, can I start you off with some drinks?" I asked, looking up at the family of four.

I wrote down their orders and started back for the kitchen when the doors blew open, causing everyone to look in that direction. I froze as a chill swpet over me. A tall figure walked in and the resturant seemed to stare at him.

I couldn't see their face, it was hidden in shadows by the black hoodie they wore. Wandering silently, they moved to a table at the very back of Cassie's area.

The restaurant started talking again and I finished walking to the kitchen. "Table seven" I said to the cook.

"Coming right up!" He exclaimed with a grin.

I moved back into the crowd and started for the mysterious stranger. Each step I took closer, I felt my hairs stand up. "Hi, anything I can get you today?" I asked, stopping in front of the lone table.

They didn't look up. "Red wine" the male voice replied.

I shivered as his deep voice ignited from last night. "No" I whispered 

The man tilted his head up until I could only see silver eyes narrowing as he glared at me. "No?" He asked, as customers in the table across from him turned to watch us.

"Y-you. It wa-as yo-uu!" I stuttered, my eyes widening.

I dropped my notebook and ran for it, running out of the resturant and towards my car. Almost immediately, I skidded in my tracks as the man in the hoodie waited patiently by my car. The police had left and the parking lot only had a few lingering families walking in and out of the restaurant.

"If you scream, you'll only make it worse for yourself" he said, standing straight.

I swallowed. "What do you want? I have nothing!" I exclaimed.

"That's where you're wrong, get in the car and don't make a sound" he growled, walking closer to me.

My instincts of fight or flight kicked in and I ran for the bushes that surrounded the restaurant. I heard the mysterious man swear.

I kept running, thankful I had decided to wear running shoes. I let out a yelp as I crashed into a hard body, falling on my ass to the rocky floor. "Leave me alone! I don't know you!" I exclaimed.

The man seemed to watch me with regarding eyes. "Humans are always so terrified of what they don't understand, if you'd just followed my orders we wouldn't be out here" he replied almost in a snarl.

"Please! Stop!" I screamed as he neared me.

He gripped my wrist and pulled me up, I felt like I was flying before I crashed into him again. I began to struggle. My hands grabbed his hoodie and pushed it away from his face.

Immediately, I stopped struggling. I stared at him, this beauty of a man. A sharp jaw and long slightly crooked nose with almond silver eyes, almost framed by dark hair. His skin was unnaturally pale, like snow on dark wood. "What the!" I exclaimed, breaking out of my trance.

The man pulled his hood back on with a glare. "Okay, now you've done it" he snarled before pulling my head to the side.

I let out an ear piercing scream as I felt something sink into my neck, giving me wild bursts of pain.
The pain was too much and slowly I invited the blackness that danced around my vision to hug me.

I blacked out.

A/N

Second chapter!
Soon we will meet the Vampire King.. or have we already met him?

Stay tuned!
What did you think of the chapter?

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxo