■ SEVEN ■

■ SEVEN ■

Reaching up on my tippy toes, I ran the feather duster across the top shelf and a plume of dust stirred and made me sneeze. I hadn't been able to focus real well after the dinner thing two days ago and I avoided the King like the plague.

There wasn't much I could do when I was requested for my presence but luckily it was for only things that happened in the throne room. I had felt his eyes on me as I watched, stone faced, a Vampire die for betraying the laws.

I felt eyes on me all the time and even Natalie had picked up on the weirdness of the King's looks. "How are you going?" Natalie asked, walking into the room.

I turned my head and smiled. "Almost done, just trying to finish this shelving" I replied.

"Good gracias, you truly have cleaned up this room" she said, glancing around at the tidyness.

"Yeah, I uh got a little annoyed" I replied, grinning.

Natalie returned my smile. "Come now, the King will be here shortly and I know you don't want to be here when he is" she said, holding out her hand.

I took it firmly as I jumped off the table that had helped me each my height. "So what's the plan for tonight?" I asked, having heard the whispers of other maids talking about a festival.

"Well the Festival is in full swing, so we can't really do much, the King will be giving us instructions soon" Natalie replied.

"I've always wanted to know something" I said curiously, looking at Natalie as we walked from the room.

She gave me a curious look. "What's the King's name?" I asked, continuing.

Natalie shook her head. "No one knows because no one dares asks, like I said, the King is very private" she replied.

We entered the Maids Chambers to see the King handing out instructions. "Oh no" Natalie whispered, bowing her head.

"Nice you of to join us" the King's cold voice said before turning back to instructions.

I sighed when I heard mine. "Natalie, can we swap? I really do not want to be stuck following behind the King tonight" I muttered.

"Just do your duties and don't contact, you'll ve fine" she whispered back.

"Am I interrupting?" The King's cold voice asked as he appeared in front of us.

Immediately, Natalie and I curtseyed. "Forgive us for our tardiness, my lord, we were making sure the office was clean and ready for use" Natalie said, our heads bowed.

"At least you were doing something, I found a maid sitting and eating a muffin that most certainly didn't belong to her" he growled back.

Natalie sighed. "I will get to it right away" she said as I frowned.

"What's wrong with her eating a muffin?" I asked without thinking.

Natalie shot me a look with wide eyes before looking back down at the ground. "That muffin is not what is served to maids, that indicates she stole that muffin, do I need to remind you of what happens when you disobey me, Celene?" He asked, his lip curling into a cruel smirk.

"No, my Lord" I replied quickly, casting my eyes down.

"Natalie, please go and instruct your staff on their duties tonight, I need to speak with Celene alone" he said, his voice cold and uninviting.

I shivered. I really did not want to be here alone with him. Not wanting to be enthralled again, I kept my eyes to the floor. "Now that I have you alone, we will be going over your duties for tonight" the King said as Natalie walked away.

I straightened.

"You will be by my side the entire night, not as my maid and you will wear what has been given to you, you will follow every order I give you, do you understand?" He asked, lifting a hand to grip my chin.

He tilted my head up to make me forcefully look into his eyes. "Yes, my Lord" I replied, through my teeth.

"Because who do you belong to?" He asked, his eyes enthralling me again.

"You, I belong to my King" I said almost robotic like.

Inner me just sighed threw my hands in the air in defeat. I blinked and the King's expression hardened. "You're playing a very dangerous game Celene, I'd be very careful where you step, do you understand?" He growled out.

I fought hard against his eyes. "Of course, my Lord" I gritted out.

"Your evening wear will be awaiting you on your bed and I will be waiting for you here at dusk, make sure you a presentable in appearance and do not be late. I would hate to have to punish you for being tardy" he said, as I felt his minty cold breath waft across my skin.

"Yes, my Lord" I replied.

I could feel the eyes of the other maids on us occasionally and it probably looked super weird for them. He towered over me and held my chin tightly, we could've looked like we were in a lovers embrace, as if the King was going to swoop down and press his lips to mine 

But he was threatening me instead, telling me to not be late or I would suffer the consequences. The thought of the King kissing me lingered on my mind before I balled it up and threw far far away from me. 
He was an Vampire King, I was his slave and there was no way in hell, I wanted that thing to kiss me.

Oh really?

I shut down that thought real quick.

I didn't even notice that all the maids had left while I had been lost in my thoughts and the King was watching me closely. Glancing away from his eyes, I begged whatever god or goddess that existed for him to go away.

This was obviously some stockholm syndrome shit and I was not falling for it.

But what would his mouth feel like?

I smashed that thought and threw it out the window. "Is that all, my Lord?" I asked as my jaw began to ache.

He was smirking as if he knew what I was thinking. Oh god, what if he could read minds!

"I can read minds, Celene and too answer your inner question-" he trailed off before leaning in.

My breath caught as his lips hovered over mine. "You'll just have to wait to find out" he finished, before letting me go.

I blinked and he was gone, leaning against the nearest wall I took air into my lungs as i tried to settle whatever emotion was running through my body right now.

I was definitely going to hell for this.

A/N

Another teaser chapter and the next one is going to be even better *rubs hands together evilly*

I hope you're ready.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, T xoxoxoxox