■ EPILOGUE ■

Happy Ending

My father rolled his eyes, as he watched our exchange.

This was it. "Can't say I'm not enjoying this, because not only do I get to kill my monster of a daughter, I get to kill the man who had taken the lives of many wolves," my father said as he stepped towards me.

I swallowed and my father looked up and nodded. The hands tighened around my neck and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Oh no, dear daughter, open your eyes," my father's gravelly voice requested.

Slowly, I opened them, locking eyes with the man I had just realised I had been in love with this entire time.

"I want him to see the light die from your eyes," my father said, crouching down next to Mekhi.

Mekhi struggled against his hold, turning his face away. "I said, look!" My father ordered.

Mekhi refused but my father gripped his head and turned it, forcing him to look at me. "Don't close your eyes, either of you, I want you to see each other," he growled.

Mekhi's eyes started to water as we looked at each other. I had never seen Mekhi cry, I guess with the many years alive, he had learned to shut his emotions in a box and forget about them.

But now, he was staring his emotions in the face.

"It's okay," I whispered, a tear falling from my eyes.

He shook his head as much as he could. "I love you so much," he replied softly.

I smiled sadly. "I know," I replied, before my smile faded.

Letting go of my other arm, I reached out to him. "I am forever bound to you, my lord," I whispered.

He reached his free hand. "And I to you, my love," he whispered before his voice broke.

Our fingertips brushed and my father scoffed. "Okay, that's enough," he said before looking at the person behind me.

I was fully crying now, my cheeks wet with the river of tears that fell for my life and the man in front of me.

My father nodded his head to the stranger behind me. "Move, and I will shoot this arrow in your chest," a familiar voice said, causing my father to spin around.

The werwolf holding me raised his hands and stepped back as a crowd of Vampires entered the area.

Wolves growled, their ears laying flat as they stared at their enemy.

Mekhi turned his head to see his son, arrow poised at the ready. Zurie was standing next to him, holding the crown in her hands. My father scowled. "This is werewolf business, you have no right to be here," he snapped.

Zurie stepped forward. "You're trespassing on our lands, wolf! So if you'd like to keep your blood in your body, I'd scuttle back to whatever hellhole you came from," she replied, tilting her head.

She tossed the crown towards me but Mekhi caught it. Mekhi stared at the crown in his hands. Nathaniel watched in sudden horror ad Mekho rose to his feet and put the crown on his head.