■ TWENTY-TWO ■

■ TWENTY-TWO ■

The one thing I had always struggled with in my life was my appearance. Some would say I looked like a creepy doll, others would say I was cute and small. I'd always been self conscious of that and now as I stood in front of my full length mirror, I was reminded why I hated compliments.

I picked at my pale pink dress and glanced at my white heels. Was this even appropriate to wear on a dinner date? I had never really gathered attention from the opposite sex and the one ex I did have cheated on me. Sighing, I glanced at the clock. This will have to do.

I picked up my white purse and put everything I would need inside it before lights swept through my window. Looking up, I took one last glance in the mirror and placing a smile on my face before turning off the lights but one. The doorbell rang and I opened the door, my smile bright. "Hi!" I exclaimed.

Miles turned around and his eyes dropped to my long legs, drifting up my body before landing on my face. I shifted, nervous. Clearing his throat, Miles stepped forward.

"You look beautiful" he said, holding out his arm.

I blushed as I took it and closed the front door behind me. "You look amazing yourself" I replied as I stared at his clothes again.

"Thank you" he replied.

He looked straight out of the victorian era, except no top hat or monoglass. A long dark coat, complemented with a high collar dress shirt and black slacks with what seemed to be riding boots. He looked... incredible. Miles helped me down the stairs and I thanked him as he opened the car door for me.

I climbed in and did up my seatbelt as he closed the door and walked around to the driver's side. The door closed with a thump after he climbed in.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, glancing at the handsome man next to me.

A sly smirk crawled it's way onto his face. "I'm guessing you are not one for surprises?" He asked, his voice making me melt.

My hands fidgeted with my purse. "Ah no, I've had enough surprises in my life to last a lifetime," I replied shyly.

His grin widened. "I'm taking you to a resturant, it's food I'm fond of and reminds me of home"he replied, glancing at me.

I smiled. "Okay than" I replied. 

The drive to the restaurant was short but it was in comfortable silence with small talk dotted in between. Despite not knowing each other, I felt comfortable around him and that was always a good sign for me.

We arrived at the resturant and once again, Miles was the gentlemen and opened the car door for me and helped me out. I thanked him and turned to look at the brightly lit resturant when a familiar figure spotted me at the same time. "Funny meeting you here" Joshua said, walking closer as I heard the car door slam.

"Hey, nice to see you again" I replied with a smile as I felt Miles stand beside me.

Joshua glanced at Miles and stiffened. "Miles" my date said, holding out his hand.

"Joshua" Josh replied before moving his hand out to shake Miles's hand.

Josh seemed to wince before Miles pulled his hand away and placed it at the small of my back. "Are you guys on a date?" Josh asked, glancing between us.

Miles stiffened slightly while tilting his head. There was so much tension between them, they had to know each other. "Yes we are, Celene.. why don't we move inside?" Miles asked, tearing his silver eyes from Josh's hazel ones.

I swallowed. "Sure" I replied giving Josh a goodbye smile as Miles and I started forward.

Suddenly, Josh reached out and grabbed my wrist. I jolted back. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" Joshua said suddenly.

I blinked, confused. "Sorry what?" I asked, glancing at Miles.

"Take your hands off her" Miles suddenly said, his voice rich with authority.

"Hey, enough, what the hell are you talking about?" I said, glancing from Miles to Josh.

"If you go in there with him, you're making a big mistake" Josh said, tugging at my wrist.

Where the hell was all this testosterone coming from?

"Do you guys know each other?" I asked as Miles stepped beside me again.

They ignored me as they glared at each other. "Watch what you say, puppy dog" Miles seemed to snap.

Josh grinned. "Or what?" He asked, stepping up to Miles.

I was so confused as I watched them, were they fighting over me? I was lost. "Celene, go inside, I'll meet you in there" Miles said, not glancing at me.

"I'm not going anywhere, can someone tell me what's going on?" I asked, glancing between them.

"Joshua was just leaving, weren't you?" Miles asked, turning his silver eyes back to the tall man.

Joshua let me go but sent me a look as I stepped back. "I'd be very careful on who you let into your life Celene" Josh said before taking a few steps back and disappearing into the night.

"What the hell was that all about?" I asked Miles as he fell back and turned to look at me.

"I wouldn't know" Miles replied.

A/N

Well that was an interesting chapter!

Also, I know I've been teasing you mercilessly about how hot Mekhi and the cast is so I decided to show you the cast this in this chapter, because Mekhi doesn't wear his hood as "Miles".

Hope you like the chosen cast, won't be everyone's cup of tea but it is mine. :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!