■ TWENTY-ONE ■

■ TWENTY-ONE ■

Glancing at the menu, I sighed before ordering my usual coffee and handing over the money. It was the next day after the encounters of two very strange men at the Market. Everywhere I walked, I felt eyes on me and it had started to make me very afraid.

I waited patiently in line for all the other customers to get their orders and as the group lessened, a figure by the window caught my eye. It was the strange, pale man from yesterday. He had a cup of tea in front of him with a book spread open as he leaned forward, reading it. "Celene" the Barista called out.

Tearing my eyes away from the stranger, I grabbed my coffee and walked over to the plushy seats in the corner of the room. It wasn't that busy within the cafe, with most orders being on the go. Opening my book, I started to read and I barely got to thr third paragraph when my eyes slid up to look at the stranger.

He flipped a page, lifting his cup to take a sip of tea before putting it back down. I shook my head and went back to reading. The heroine of the story had just wielded a knife against her attackers when I looked up again to see a server place another cup of tea in front of the stranger. Giving the server a polite nod, he looked away and suddenly our eyes met.

I looked down, embarrassed at being caught. Glancing up, I saw he was still looking and he gave me a small smile. I smiled back. What was his name? Miles, Miles King.

He inclined his head before looking back down at his book. The words in my book seemed to blur together as I looked back down at it. "May I join you?" A dark voice asked.

I looked up quickly to see Miles standing in front of the empty chair across from me. He held his tea and book in his hand. "Yeah, of course" I replied, smiling.

He sat down gracefully, before looking at the book in my hands. "Interesting read" he commented, before taking a sip of his tea.

I chuckled. "It's different to what I usually read, that's for sure" I replied, with a smile.

His silver eyes seemed to study me for a moment, an emotion crossing his face faster than I could blink. "Tell me Celene, what made you live here?" He asked, placing his book down.

I took a sip of my coffee as I thought it over. Images of my mother flashed through my mind but I squashed them down. "I was in a bad situation and needed to get out of it, this was as close as I could get for being far away," I replied, shrugging a shoulder.

He tilted his head. "I can understand that" he said, looking away.

"What about you?" I asked, drinking my coffee again.

He sighed a little. "I was chasing someone but she didn't want anything to do with me" he replied.

I nodded. "Love, the best way to hurt yourself without a weapon" I replied.

He seemed surprised for a moment before finishing his tea. "It was a pleasure to see you again, Celene" he said politely.

Something about his aura drew me in. "Yes, a pleasure to see you again as well" I replied.

He stood up but seemed to hestitate. "Forgive me for being forward, but I was wondering if you would join me for dinner some time?" He asked politely, turning his head to look at me.

"Uh sure, that would great" I replied, smiling.

He smiled back, the happiness reached his eyes. "Great, until we see each other again" he said, before turning around to walk away.

I glanced down at my book before standing up. "Wait!" I exclaimed.

Miles turned to look at me. "I'm actually available tonight if you are?" I said, standing awkwardly.

He walked back to me and all I could smell was pine needles and fresh open air. "Shall I pick you up at seven?"He asked.

Smiling, I bent down and scribbled my address onto the napkin with the pen he had fished out of his pocket. Straightening, I handed it to him. "Seven is perfect" I replied.

He took the napkin and smiled. "See you tonight then"he said before turning and leaving.

I breathed out. I had to start putting muself out there or I was going to end alone for a very long time and something about Miles drew me in. He was so patient, reserved and held an air of authority that I had never seen in a man that didn't wear a uniform.

Maybe he was a past soldier or something, some kind of military training would've to be involved. His silver eyes is what mostly caught me off guard, I had never seen silver eyes.

Honestly, it felt as though my body and mind was comfortable around him, like I had known him for a long time. I wanted to get to know him, and as grabbed my book I promised myself I would get to the bottom of what the weird feeling meant.

□■□
□ The King □

I watched her leave the building and my passenger shifted uncomfortably beside me. "I still don't get what's so special about her," he said, making me glance at him.

My hand darted forward and turned the key into the ignition. "You've never been in love," I replied harshly.

The young man scoffed. "Yes I have, remember... in eighteen fourty-five, the year you met me" he replied.

"You mean that girl that murdered you?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Yes, I mean that girl that murdered me" he replied, before rolling his eyes.

"What am I doing here? You clearly don't need me, you're quite charming on your own" he said, folding his arms.

"You've been living amongst the humans, where as I have not" I replied as I changed lanes.

"And? Are you saying you need my help because I know things you don't?" He asked before laughing.

I gave him a glare. "Know your place Richard," I snapped.

"Sorry father" he replied, before looking away.

"Are you going to help me or not?" I asked, as we entered a tunnel.

Richard sighed. "Ah what the hell, I've got nothing else to do," he replied.

A/N

Things are going to get exciting and I have the first Wolf and Vampire scuffle to write :)
Hehehehe

I'm a tease.

What did you think of this chapter?
Leave your comments!

And don't forget to vote!
(Also do me a solid and subscribe to PewDiePie on Youtube)

Lots of love, Tavana xoxox and as always, stay awesome bros!