■ FOURTY- THREE ■

■FOURTY- THREE ■

■FOURTY- THREE ■

I breathed deeply as Mekhi, Richard and I stepped off the plane and back onto home soil.

Closing my eyes, I smiled. I was home. "So what are we doing back here, exactly?" I asked, focusing.

"We're here to get Mekhi's throne back, to make him King of not two but three thrones," Richard replied, smiling.

Mekhi glanced at his son, before sighing. "Honestly, I just want to take Zurie down," he replied.

I smiled. "Me too," I replied, grinning.

We started walking off the airstrip. "We have to be extra careful now because Celene's father will definitely know she's back home, he'll have wolves looking out for her," Richard said calmly.

"And I'm really easy to spot," I replied, cursing my white hair.

"Richard, you make it sound like we can't handle one measly werewolf," Mekhi said, harshly.

"One measly werewolf that happens to be King of all American wolves and your girlfriend's father," Richard corrected with a glare.

My grip tightened on my bag strap. "I want to be the one to take him down, a sort of sick justice if you will," I replied.

We emerged into the airport crowd and I stiffened. I was still brand new at being a Vampire and while I had fantastic self control, there were still temptations everywhere.

Mekhi glanced at me as we walked through the crowd. Neither of us had fully spoken about my confession in Italy, and I think we were both in agreement that it wasn't the time to talk about it.

As Richard moved away to call a taxi, Mekhi turned to face me. "How are you holding up?" He asked quietly, his eyes darting to the people that jostled past us.

"I'm fine, a little tired but fine, why?" I asked, looking up at him.

Mekhi looked down at his hands. "I'm just wondering of you've changed your mind again," he replied, before shaking his head.

"I was telling the truth, about my feelings," I replied.

"I know, doesn't mean you're absolutely sure you want to do this," he replied.

"I'm not absolutely sure, but I've never been absolutely sure about anything I do and look where I ended up" I said, crossing my arms.

Sighing, Mekhi looked up. "Celene, you don't have to do this, get involved in my war, you can go home and be safe, start a new long life-" Mekhi cut off.

"Start a new long life without you? I'd rather burn in hell," I replied firmly.

He sighed again. "I've made up my mind, you of all people should know no one cannot ever change it once it's made up," I added, glaring at him.