Chapter 1: My Origin (We'll get to the actual story in a bit, I promise)

You really thought we were just gonna jump straight into the action and all that without even explaining where I came from or what I do for a living? Or anything in general?

You thought wrong, you freaking buzzard.

You see, the thing is that I never knew what it's like to have a mother and father with you, supporting every decision you make for almost all your life.

I guess destiny had different plans for me.

My parents must have loved me very much, as I lived with them for 5 whole years. So when they left me to rot on Tera Con Prime, all they left behind was my father's coat and very little money.

I still wear the coat to this very day.

I never got the education kids are always dream of earning, or food that poor people wanted very badly. I had to do what my parents always told me not to do.

Steal.

Yup. I know what you're thinking. So? You just stole food. No big deal.

That's not actually entirely accurate. I had to steal everything.

And I mean everything. Except for shelter. The abandoned building is never getting torn down anyways. They cancelled demolition a long time ago.

I stole my education (school textbooks that I outright stole from the local schools).......

I stole food (street vendors are so clueless)..........

I stole clothes (yeesh, not my fault the dry cleaners had a lost and found bin).......

Yeah. That's how life is. For me anyways. Don't know about you people reading this. Hope you're doing alright.

I did find a new hobby to keep me busy.

Making gadgets and weapons.

I absolutely love tinkering with whatever piece of tech that I can get my hands on. Heck, give me anything and I can either give it a new use or just upgrade it.

Don't even get me started on weapons. I've made some pretty cool things. Like this old metal club where I've taken barbed wire and hooked it up to electricity, and with a whack combined with a push of a button on the handle, it gives a SHOCKING result! Pun clearly intended.

So yeah, life is sweet. Well, it was sweet.

Until I got dragged into a fight.

(Yes, we actually go into the action next chapter. Sort of. You'll see.)