Chapter 25: War: The Aftermath (S1 Finale) PART TWO

AN HOUR LATER......

War.

It's a depressing thing.

One minute your friends are all around you. The next minute.....well.....they're gone.

"It's ok, Avocato. We're going to be okay."

Me and Avocato were in an escape pod. We were drifting in the middle of debris; the aftermath of the war.

He was bleeding when I found him earlier, but now he was out cold. Still alive with a pulse, thank god. We tried to find out where Little Cato was, but.....the incinerator blew up, and now his whereabouts are unknown.

Tribore and Wade are missing. Gary isn't responding to our messages; comms are down. Quinn is M.I.A.

The Earth is gone. Pulled into Final Space by the wrath of a Titan's arm.

Everything went to hell.

I looked outside the window. Dead bodies were floating in the middle of space, with debris from the incinerators and ally ships floating alongside us.

I held Avocato close while I was sitting on my butt. He's unconscious, but alive and well. Despite not being awake, I kept talking to him.

"Well, Avo......I guess we knew this was gonna happen, huh? This....this whole thing was all for nothing."

I felt sleepy. But I wanted to stay awake.

"We....we tried our best at least. We fought hard. Your son fought hard."

My eyes were closing slowly.

"We'll find your son, Avocato.......I can promise....you that."

We still had plenty of air left on the pod, but I was exhausted as hell.

"I....love you, Avocato.....Don't you.....forget that....."

I passed out, head pressed against the wall, a sleeping Avocato in my arms.

Who knows how long we were there for.

I thought it was the end.

But I guess I learned something.

When one story ends......another begins.

END OF SEASON ONE.