Chapter 30: Another Conversation For The Scrapbook

I woke up the next morning to see that Avocato had gotten up, and he was fitting into his shirt and armor.

"Hey there, honey. You're finally awake!"

I smirk a little. "Honey, huh? I can get used to this."

"Especially now that you and I got hitched yesterday."

"I know. Crazy, right? I just felt the need to do it, especially after all we've been through together."

Avocato pecked me on the cheek. "I know, Blueberry. I'm just worried about one thing."

I look up at him. "What is it?"

"How is your Dad going to react about this?"

I look at him questionably. "Honey, it's not like he's going to kill you. He already thinks you're chill. AND he's taking a liking to Little Cato at this point."

"Well, I sort of don't want to be the one who breaks the news to him. Maybe....you could talk to him?"

"Uh....sure, I guess."

He nodded, and soon we were both dressed and ready to get out of the room for a bit and wander about on the Crimson Light.

I walked into the kitchen to see Ash and Little Cato sitting on one side of the counter, eating breakfast. Butch was on the opposite side of the two, and he was yelling and telling them stories.

"Wow, what did you do next, sir?"

"After the bastard stole my prized ship, The Razor Blade, I pulled out my plasma rifle and gave him hell."

"Wowww....."

I knock on the counter to get their attention. "Uh, good morning, everyone."

"Heya, son."

"Hi, Pawblo!"

"Morning, I guess."

I laughed a little considering they all talked at the same time. "Hey, Dad. Can we maybe talk in private?"

"Sure, son. What about?"

"That's why I'm telling you to come with me. It's private."

"Ah, gotcha."

We were both walking away, but before that, I turned around and said, "Hey, Little Cato. I think your dad wants to talk to you as well."

He shrugged his arms and got up, scurrying off to find Avocato.

Butch and I walked around the ship until we came across mine and Avo's bedroom. We entered the room and just stood in silent for a bit.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"You know how Avocato and I are a thing, right?"

"What happened?! Did he hurt you?! That son of a b--"

"Whoa, no no no! Dad, he would never do that. I'm talking about something else."

"About what?"

"About the fact that....Avocato and I are.....more than just a thing now."

"What? I don't think I understand."

"We're married now."

Butch stood there, jaw dropped down and his eyes wide open. "You mean.....I'm......I'm a grandpa??"

I laugh and smile. "Yes, Dad. Little Cato is now sort of your grandson."

Butch started cheering and laughing. "I'm a grandpa! How cool is that?!"

I chuckle. "I know. I think Avocato is telling Little Cato about this now."

We both soon hear the door open and see Little Cato, smiling proudly, with Avocato tailing behind.

"Is it true? Are you now my other Dad??"

I laugh and tear up a little. He called me Dad. "......Yeah, Little Cato. I'm your new dad!"

He ran excited up to me and hugged me tightly. I was startled at first, and soon I hugged him back.

"Is it okay if I call you Pop? Since you're my new Dad?"

I look up at Avocato. He was crying a little."

This was it. My family was here with me right now. "......Yeah, y-you can. Only if I can call you 'son'!"

"Deal!"

Butch was crying his eyes out a little. "I just can't believe this. It's beautiful."