Chapter 38: Sheryl Goodspeed

We were all crowded around the table, hearing Sheryl talk about an adventure she had.

Yeah, the guys didn't end up seeing her be executed. Gary offered her to come with us, and she did. Nightfall and Wade weren't really happy about that.

KVN kept asking questions at her. "Ooh, and THEN what happened??? I could listen to you almost die forever!"

Sheryl chuckled. She was talking about an adventure she had on her birthday. "What HAPPENED was me thinking this was going to be a cakewalk. But just my luck, a drop of Eudrian venom  gets on my shirt and BOOM!" She slightly exposes her chest a bit more. Ew. "Off come my clothes. Just...disintegrated!"

I eye Butch, who is slightly looking away, coughing. Clarence is smiling like a madman, and soon he passes out. Men.

"Ugh, give me a break." Nightfall was sulking in the corner.

"Amen, sister" Wade followed up.

"And then there's parliament watching me trying to escape the castle BUTT BLOODEY NAKED!" She laughs a little. "Best birthday ever."

Everyone was laughing. Sheryl soon walked away to talk with Tribore and Ash, something about a makeover or something. Avocato let go of Little Cato's ears. "What did she say, Dad? Pop?"

"I'll tell you later, small fry."

Avocato smiled and pointed at me. "Don't you dare, he's too young."

"What are you gonna do? Punish me, perhaps?"

"Rrrawr. Maybe."

Little Cato covered his ears. "Okay, I can see why my ears were covered in the first place."

Me and Avocato were both laughing. Little Cato chuckled a bit. "Nah, son. We wouldn't make you suffer like that."

I looked and saw Butch, but I soon noticed that he looked a bit....cleaner. His fur had no trash or dirt spots on it. It was as if as he was.....trying to make a move.

I excused myself from Avo and Little Cato's presence and got up to talk to my father.

"Dad? What's going on? Are you going to try and impress Sheryl?"

"If I don't try, Clarence is gonna get to her first."

"Clarence is a dickbag. I doubt that he'll impress her. YOU, though, are certainly gonna woo her to your heart."

"Were you ALWAYS this feminine, or did I just not notice?"

"I'm a father/mother to my lover's son now, so yeah, basically. Now go get her, Dad."

Butch breathed in and out and soon walked over to Sheryl. I stood behind and overheard the conversation a bit.

"Um, hey. I don't think we've met. I'm Butch."

"Sheryl. Pleased to be in your presence."

"Mind if I....uh....get you a drink?"

There was silence from Sheryl, but she soon spoke. "Sure. Why not?"

I smiled a bit. 

He's got this.