Chapter 8: The Dickwads Take Over

I was in my room when I met Quinn.

I was fixing something up for someone special at my desk, when I heard someone come into my room. I nervously covered up the thing I was working on with my coat.

"Oh, sorry! Didn't know that this room is occupied."

I stood up and waved my hand. "Nah, it's okay. Surprised that they didn't tell you. My name's Pawblo."

"Quinn. It's nice to meet you."

We stood there awkwardly. "So......what are you working on back there?"

"Oh, that thing covered up by my coat? Definitely not for someone special. Nope."

"It's not a bomb, is it? I'm Infinity Guard, so I would have to arrest you."

I chuckled a little. "No, it isn't a bomb."

"What happened to your hip?"

I look down to my left hip. The blood was now really dried up. "I got shot in the chest while I jumped into a line of fire to save Avocato. No biggie."

"You like him, don't you?"

I looked up quickly and stammered. "What?! No! W-we're just friends. I don't need love ruining our relationship."

"So you DO like him, but you're too scared to hit on him."

"..............Wow, you really get me."

"I know we just met, but just take my advice: be yourself. Maybe that will impress him enough to be with you."

I pause for a minute.

".......Maybe you're right about this."

Suddenly, the power went out.

I startle a little. "EEP!"

And then, the power is back on.

"What was that?"

I then see one of the S.A.M.E.S robots enter the room. His forehead was written on in permanent ink, reading "Orson".

"Oh, Orson. You scared me!"

I noticed that his eyes were red, and that his arm cannon was activated.

"Um.....Orson? How about we put away the cannon? Like, right now?"

Orson then proceeds to raise his cannon.

Thinking, I grabbed a screwdriver from my table, and tackle Orson to the ground.

"Orson, don't make me do this!"

Orson, trying to break free, did not respond, his eyes still glowing red.

I then raise my screwdriver, and slam it deep into his head.

There is static, and then silence.

"What the heck just happened?"

"I don't know. Go to the deck, Quinn. Maybe Gary or Avocato will know."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine. I'm injured, so I can't really go anywhere."

"Be safe."

"I will."

Quinn then runs out of the room.

"H.U.E. Lock my door."

I then hear the sound of my door clicking. It was locked.

"H.U.E, what the hell is going on?"

"We have been hacked by the Infinity Guard. I am fighting it, but it will succeed."

"Aw crap. So what do I do?"

"Calculating.....Ah. My best advice is to hide from the S.A.M.E.S as it is dangerous when they're in defensive mode."

I soon grab a laser blaster and my handmade electric bat. "H.U.E, open the door."

"If you leave the safety's of your room, there is a 49 percent chance of you living."

"Then I'm gonna take that chance. I'll fight my way to the deck."

"Pawblo, are you sure about this?"

"Positive. Do it."

I soon hear machinery as the bedroom door in front of me begins to unlock and slowly open.

"Showtime."

I run out of my room and charge through the hall. I hear gunshots and cannon blasts behind me.

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back.

As I head for the deck, I shoot a few S.A.M.E.S robots in front of me and whack one with the electric bat.

I then see Quinn, Avocato and KVN up ahead, fighting the robots off.

This is it. Prove yourself.

I screamed as I ran into the room, holding my bat as I knocked down all of the S.A.M.E.S, one by one.

H.U.E speaks out a final time while I do this.

"H.U.E system overrun. You are all now prisoners of the Infinity Guard. An imperium will be here shortly to seize you. I'm SoRrY..........."

"LEAVE US ALONE, INFINITY GUARD DICKWADS!" I yelled at the last robot, smashing its head for at least 7 seconds.

I look up to see Quinn, Avocato and KVN astounded by what just happened. "You took them all out.....with just a few hits! Incredible!"

"You did great! Not as great as me though! I'm KVN!"

"That was awesome...." Avocato's eyes were widened and he was blushing—wait what?

Avocato was blushing?!

We then heard more S.A.M.E.S approaching us in the hallway. "We have to hide. NOW!"

Avocato held his pistol. "We can take them. Right, Pawblo?"

What to do? Kick some robot ass or hide like the scaredy-cat that I am?

My response was cut short when ten S.A.M.E.S robots burst into the deck, with cannon arms loaded and shooting directly at us.

"RUN!"

The four of us ran into a shed, where Quinn and Avo began to force the doors shut, robot arms blocking the way.

I pulled out my pistol and began shooting the arms off, eventually letting us close the door.

"If we get into H.U.E's mainframe, we can take back control of the ship."

"Ugh, the S.A.M.E.S are blocking our way out."

Quinn kicked open an air vent. "THAT'S our way out."

"Hey, guys! I can disable H.U.E!"

"We need to send the best person for the job!

"I accept."

"I have a key in my butthole."

"I was thinking of me."

"That's funny, I was thinking of me.

"I can do it! Embrace the KVN!"

"You're not even part of the Infinity Guard!"

"You're the reason we're in this mess, and I'm the reason we're gonna get out of it. Got that, baby?"

"Don't. Call me. Baby."

As I stood in the middle of this spat, I notice KVN head towards the vent. "Wish me luck guys."

The three of us looked into the vent to see KVN heading to the mainframe.

"KVN! Come back!"
"KVN!"
"KVN!"

"KVN! KVN! KVN! KVN!" He chanted his own name as he headed off into the darkness.

I just slumped against the wall.

Now what?