Chapter 28: Reunion

Avocato and I were with my Dad, the three of us sitting in the cockpit together. After an hour of searching, we couldn't find anyone.

"Son, I'm sorry. Maybe your friends are truly gone."

This can't be possible. We didn't all....die....did we?

"We have to keep looking. Especially for Little Cato."

Avocato nodded. "My son is the most important thing in the galaxy to me. I won't rest until he's safe..."

"We'll find him, chap. But I can't promise you anything."

The three of us sat in silence, until the comms bell started ringing. "Hang on, I must answer this."

Butch pressed a button on the dashboard, and soon a face appeared all garbled up. "This is the crew of The Razor Blade. Who's this?"

"Butch, my boy, it's been a while!"

"Clarence? I told you not to call anymore."

"This call concerns you, as I found.....the Nimeran Cube."

Butch almost fell out of his seat. "Say what now?! You're not pulling my leg, are ya?!"

"Heavens, no! I stole it. If you want it, meet us at the Torro Spaceport."

"Done deal. Butch out." He pressed a button and the call ended. "Pack your things, boys. We're off to Toro Spaceport."

"I can't believe you actually associate with that worm. He's a piece of scum." Avocato seemed angry.

"Hey, it helps me pay to keep this business goin'. I'll take any chance I can get."

I looked at him with a concerned face. "Well.... Lets hope you're right about this."

SOON.....

I could hear the engines cooling off as we got off my Dad's ship. We were now standing on the Toro Spaceport.

"Well, lads, if you want to be a part of this business, stay quiet and watch the pro do it."

Avocato looked at me, with a face of questioning. I shrugged. "Let's just watch him."

Butch walked away and met up with Clarence. The two were talking, as it seemed. And then they started yelling.

"Does your dad do this everyday?"

"That's what it seems to me."

I'm guessing they were haggling over the price. They started shoving each other, but that's when Clarence glanced at us.

He caught his eyes at Avocato. Clarence looked nervous.

That's when he ran away.

"He KNOWS something!" I pulled my pistol out and ran as fast as I could. As I ran, I stopped him dead in his tracks. Gaining speed, I pounced and pinned him on the ground.

"Why were you looking at Avocato like that?"

"Get off me, you orphan scum!"

Butch then walked up to Clarence's face. "Actually, Clarence, that's my son you're talking to. I suggest you start giving him an answer, you twat."

Clarence looked up at me and looked at Avocato. "I know what happened to both of you."

My eyes felt shaky.

"I know where your friends are."

I didn't want to believe him. "Where?!"

He pointed his finger at a ship down the port-strip. It was red, with a curve on the front. It looked like a badly cut cookie.

"There. Your friends work for me now."

Avocato looked at me and eyed the ship.

I then see a familiar face walk out. It was a small ventrexian, with blue hair and orange fur.

"......Little Cato!"

As if he heard me, the boy looked up at both of us, and began to smile with tears coming out of his eyes.

He ran towards us, yelling, "Dad! Pawblo! You're both alive!"

Little Cato pounced on me, pushing me back a little. I hugged him tightly. "You're alive. I thought you were dead!"

"Same here!"

Avocato stepped closer and entered the hug as well. "We both missed you, son."

We broke the hug, and soon he has a questioning lool on his face. "Who is this guy?", he said as he pointed to the elephant in the room.

Butch laughed a little and smiled. "I like this kid already."