Chapter 12: A Somewhat Romantic Encounter

Never thought I would see the day that we would destroy an entire laser.

Well, Mooncake shot the laser. And the laser destroyed a nearby.....moon? Planet? I don't know.

I mean, it was our only option after Superior Stone disabled the controls.

Gary killed him anyways.

We began crawling and dodging our way through the electric tube room. We all kept getting shocked.

"Ahhh!"

"Friiiiiick!"

"TUFF TITTY WHOMPAS!!!!"

After that painful mess, we finally made it to the elevator.

"Phew, we made it! Now I'm just gonna call H.U.E to...."

We were interrupted to see a meteor crash right below the elevator, shattering it.

I see Quinn and Gary on the side, trying to stay on the platform until I see something terrible.

Avocato fell off the platform.

I look down to see Avocato falling and screaming.

I quickly panicked and decided on something.

I'm going to rescue the one I love......again.

I quickly open my backpack and toss my regular boots into it. I then slide my feet into the rocket boots that I WAS going to gift to Avo, but this is an emergency.

I then slide on some goggles I had brought. "Quinn, Gary! I'm going to get Avocato!"

"Have you even tested them?!?"

I yell a response as I jump off.

"NOOOOOOO!"

As I am falling, I frantically press a few buttons on my rocket boots.

"OMIGOSH PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK!!!!"

And soon, the engine turned on.

I straightened my arms to my sides and spread my legs a little, and......IT WORKED!

It's....it's WORKING!

I then snap back into reality at that moment.

AVOCATO!!!!!

I lean and steer myself towards Avocato. He is still falling in midair.

"Avocato!!!"

"What?! Pawblo?! What are you doing here?!"

I then nervously smirk and grab him with both of my arms.

"Saving your ass!"

I then grasp him tighter as I fly towards the Galaxy One, which happened to arrive.

Sadly, the rocket boot on my left broke down, and we almost veered off course.

We both crash landed on the roof of the Galaxy One. He landed.....ON TOP OF ME. WHAT THE HEY?!?

When I blinked, he stared into my eyes. A blush began to form on both of our faces.. There he was, hovering against me.

He then coughed and stood up. "Thanks for saving me....again."

He offered his hand, and I grasped it and pulled myself up. "Oh, it was n-nothing, really. I just...."

I was not prepared for what happened next.

He grabbed my coat collar with both hands and pulled me close to his face.

He kissed me.

My eyes widened at what was occurring at this moment. I stood there, frozen and speechless.

The kiss lasted for about 5 seconds, I believe. When he pulled away, he smiled at me. "So, um......lets talk later about this."

I stood there like an idiot, drooling. 🤤

"Y-yeaah.....okayyeee."

I soon snapped back into reality as we both heard a screaming man. We looked ahead and saw Gary, holding Quinn, as he was slipping from the metal wire from the elevator, with Mooncake floating alongside.

"AAAAAAAAAHHH!! WHY WOULD THEY CONNECT THE NERVE ENDINGS TO MY ROBOT HAND?!!? AAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

"Gary and Quinn! We gotta help them!"

I bang the roof of the Galaxy One with my fist.

"H.U.E, if you can hear me, rev up the engine! Gary and Quinn are in trouble!"

The Galaxy One soon began heading towards them at full speed. We managed to catch them before they have died.

"We did it! We lived!"

"Gary, come on. Be serious."

We laughed at Gary's nature and looked back as we saw the Infinity Guard outpost, destroyed and now in ruins.

I can't believe we barely escaped with our lives.

We entered through a hatch on the roof to return to the safety inside of the Galaxy One.

As soon as we were inside, Gary went back to bothering Quinn, Mooncake floated around, and I went back to my room.

I began working on fixing up the boots until I heard someone come into my room.

I spun my chair around to see Avocato, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"So........we should talk."