Chapter 29: New Goal, New...Family?

I sat on the edge of my bed, aboard The Crimson Light. I stared out the window, looking at the view of never ending space.

Gary and KVN (sadly) were here. HUE now has a small stubby robot body. Nightfall (other Quinn) was here as well. We learned that Quinn had been sucked into Final Space alongside the Earth. And now our purpose was to gather 5 dimensional keys to free a Titan out of intergalactic prison to save Quinn.

No big deal or anything.

Little Cato was excited to meet my Dad. He told me later that it felt like "having a grandpa". Avocato and I were silent for a little. Dad was enjoying Little Cato's presence around him. I'll teach him all that I know about scavenging, he said.

I think those two will get a long.

We also met the crew of The Crimson Light. Clarence we already knew. What we DIDN'T know was that he had two adopted children.

Ash was a child. Somewhere around Little Cato's age. Also, apparently, she had powers and could levitate in the air. So that was pretty cool.

And then there was Fox. A tryvuulian. He doesn't like ventrexians, according to Gary. He says it was because of some sort of long war that happened long ago.

Despite it, I was nice towards him. Besides, I don't know much about my species. Also, how did I not mention the fact that he has a minigun for a hand?

So much to talk about, but so little time. Everything is going by so fast.

Good thing Avocato and I are about to go to bed, because I need to ask him something.

Something that I've decided the minute I saw us and his son getting along with my Dad.

Though I despised him, I asked Clarence to help me out on this one. Good think he has all sorts of stuff lying around.

"So...Avocato? I've been thinking...."

I eyed him as he was taking off his armor and shirt. "What's up, Blueberry?"

He's so handsome, especially with hisaaaaAAAAAGGGHHHH COME ON, PAWBLO KEEP IT TOGETHER!

"I've been thinking..."

"Go on."

".....about us."

He sat next to me on the bed. He then wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's--"

"Do we not have enough sex?"

"AVO!" I began to blush madly. He has a point, though. It's been a while.

"Then....what is it?"

"You.....you know I love you, right?"

He chuckled. "Of course I do."

"It's just......Even if we save Quinn......who knows if either me or you live to see another day."

"That's not going to happen."

"I know that. But don't you want to live to see Little Cato go to school like a normal kid or something like that?"

Avocato sat in silence for a while.

"He's a good kid, Avo. I don't want to see you, your son, or my Dad get hurt. So that's why I want to ask you...."

I got up and stood in front of him. I pulled out a small box from my pocket and kneel down.

Come on, Pawblo. You can do this.

"Avocato......since you entered my life, I've decided that I always wanted to be a part of yours. W-will you......marry me?"

Avocato sat there with his eyes wide open. He was tearing up a bit. "You know, I was going to pop the question first!"

"Beat you to it, handsome."

Avocato smiled and laughed, a few tears streaming down his eyes.

"......YES!"

I pulled the rings from out of the box (Thanks, Clarence.) and slid one onto my finger. I then took Avo's hand and slid the last one on his finger.

"So....we wait until we're dome with this whole situation to get married or--?"

I pull out my tablet and hold it up for him to see. It was a digital license and certificate of marriage I had downloaded from Ventrexia's government website.

Hey, I can do research if I wanted to.

Avocato looked at me surprised. "You really thought of everything, didn't you?"

"You know I did."

I passed it over to him along with my touch pen and he signed it. He then handed it over to me, and I quickly put my name down.

"By the power vested in me and blah blah blah, we're married!", Avocato yelled.

I pounced on him and pinned him to the bed. We were both laughing and kissing each other multiple times.

"I love you, my husband."

"Same here, husband."

We both laughed and soon enough, fell asleep in our arms' embrace.