Chapter 36: Late Night Chat

I was in my room, lying in bed and thinking over stuff.

Little Cato almost died today because of me. Thank gosh for Ash and her telekinesis. She was able to remove the time shard and save Little Cato. According to him, he was trapped in there for 60 years, and he remembered every bit of it.

He walked over to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry", he said. "I should've asked for help.....I thought you were dead because of me...."

I just shushed him and hugged back, telling him that it wasn't his fault. This leads us to now, where I'm in bed sulking.

Thinking that all this was MY fault.

I heard Avocato enter the room. He was shirtless, as usual. "Hey, honey."

".....Hey, Avo."

Avocato made himself comfortable on the bed, and he laid down next to me. "Why the long face, Blueberry?"

Pawblo shrugged. "Just thinking about how I'm the worst pick to be a parent."

Avocato sat up on the bed and pulled me up as well. "That's not true. You're not a bad parent. Learning from mistakes takes time."

"No, Avocato. It wasn't okay." I started to cry a little. "It's my fault. I did nothing to stop him from driving us straight into that situation. I'm a terrible excuse for a husband and a father, huh?"

He growled a little and caressed my cheek. "No, you're not. We all make mistakes. You probably didn't even know that the shard was going to hit. Don't blame yourself."

I brushed my tears away from my face. I was practically sobbing at this point. He stared at me, and I was blushing a great deal. "You....really don't think that I was a bad parent for a moment?"

"You're a good person, honey. You'll learn how to be a proper parent as we go on another crazy adventure with Gary."

I laugh a little. "Heh, yeah. He does seem to drag us into danger a lot.

Avocato soon clung his arms around me and snuggled beside me. "Well, I'm beat. Sleep well, and try not to think about it, okay?"

I smile a little. "I'll try. Good night, man."

"G'night, Blueberry....."

The two of us soon dozed off, into the starry night.