Chapter 27: Father & Son Conversations

Dad and I were sitting in the deck of his small ship, discussing different things. It's been years since that day of abandonment, and we had a lot of catching up to do.

From what he told me, his name was Butch. He was alone at the moment, and that he was trying to find me all these years, but he never did.

"So, what have you been doing all this time?"

"I like to collect things and fix them up to sell. A scavenger is what I am."

"I used to be a scavenger too, but then I became a bounty hunter."

"Karabast, you did?! My son the bounty hunter! You're making me proud already."

I laugh a little. To think that I'm actually talking with my Dad is pretty cool and crazy.

"So, Dad....I gotta ask you....what happened to Mom?"

"Left me for some other dingdong. I'm guessing she's halfway across the galaxy with her new man at this point."

"Oh....well that sucks."

"What about you, son? What were you doing out all the way here? I thought you were still in Tera Con Prime."

"I was! But then I got dragged into an adventure and here I am now....amidst...the aftermath."

His face turns into a concerned one. "That is bloody messed up."

I stand up to look out the grand window beside us to view the area. The remains of the battle were being plucked off by other scavenger ships.

"It sucks to see that my friends are out there somewhere....in the middle of all this. I need to find them, Dad."

"Don't worry, son. We'll find them. We already have one of them, don't we?"

I sit back down and blush a little. "Avocato? Well.....he's actually....more....than just a friend, if you get me."

It took him a few seconds to realize what I was saying. "You? With that guy? You sure have a way of picking lovers, son."

"Avocato's a good guy. He's just.....a little broken."

"Ah. I see. I'm guessing you're doing whatever it takes to rebuild and protect him?"

I smile. "Yeah. I love him, Dad. And his son, too. They're both like family to me."

Butch's eyes widened. "He has a kid? Does that mean I'm technically a grandpa?"

"We're not engaged, Dad. Avo and I are just dating for now."

"I can't wait to meet the little lad when we find him."

"Yeah."

I soon hear a noise; someone was in one of the medical rooms.

"Avocato's awake!"

I got up and ran towards the room. I opened the door to see Avocato pointing his blaster at the door.

"Freeze! Don't move or...I.....Pawblo?"

I rush over to him and pull him in for a kiss. I missed tasting those sweet lips of his. When we pulled away, he was sniffling an crying a little. "I can't believe you're okay."

"I can't believe you're okay."

"Alright, get a room, you two." We turn to see Butch chuckling and smirking a little. He walked over to us.

"Pawblo, who's this?"

"Well, Avo....this is...my Dad."

Avocato's eyes widened and he began to stammer a little. "It's a....its a pleasure t-to meet you, sir. Um, sorry about kissing your son in front of--"

"Oh please. Save that for the chat we'll have later, Avocato. I'm Butch, by the way. None of that bloody 'sir' bullcrap, please."

Avocato was astounded. He looked at me. "He knows?!"

"Yup, he knows."

"Now, then." Butch began to walk out the room. He stopped for a minute before walking out. "I'll let you two have a bit more time to chill. Gonna be in the cockpit to see if I can find any survivors of that wreck you two were in. Chit chat for a bit and meet me there, okay?"

I nod. He nods and smiles, and then he turns to Avocato. "You and your kid are welcome here anytime soon. Welcome to the family, ya bloker." He laughs and walks out.

Avocato was surprised. "You told him everything?"

"Yeah, I'm fine with him knowing my life after all this time."

"Well.....I trust you, you know that?"

"I know you do. And that's why I love you."

"Awww, you say the kindest stuff, Blueberry."

"Anytime, hot stuff. Now come on. Lets go find our friends."