Chapter 41: The Request

I woke up in the morning to see Avocato slipping into his clothes. "Good morning, Blueberry."

"Nice to see you get up without trying to keep me in bed with you." I chuckle a little.

"You know why I do that. Rawr."

The two of us burst into laughter. I got up and grabbed my shirt, slipping it back on.

"So, listen. I need to ask you something."

I look up at my husband. "Yeah, sure. What's up?"

Avocato nervously smiled. He looks exactly like he did the first time we got together. "So....about my son."

My smile went away and I began to get a little nervous about what he was going to ask me. What would he even ASK me?

"Do you.....want to, oh I don't know, give him......'the talk'?"

My face had a blank expression the whole time. "The what now?"

Avocato looked at me like I knew what he was referring to. I didn't know, actually. "You know, when you reach that age where you're experiencing changes and feelings in your body......you know, 'the talk'?"

"......Oh. Puberty. Wait, parents DO that?!? Even if they're too young?!"

"Well, yeah. Except I never gave Little Cato that talk. I was thinking....maybe you should talk to him."

"What?! How??? I never got that talk! I was abandoned, remember?"

Avocato looks at me weirdly. "Then......how did you.....handle yourself???"

"Dirty magazines get thrown out all the time at the junkyard. I'm guessing those were what turned me bisexual, to be honest."

Avocato chuckled. "Huh. I was always bi. When Little Cato was a baby, that's when I got hooked on men a little bit more than women."

"Too much info, babe. A little too much."

"Sorry."

We were both finally dressed. We saw everyone watching some drama show on HUE's chest screen.

"Hey, gang. Where's Tribore and Wade?"

Fox said, "We dropped the two of them off on a planet a while back. They said that they needed to get in contact with what's left of the Resistance and rebuild."

"Huh. Weird", Avocato said.

I glance at Little Cato. He was laughing and talking with Ash and Butch and the others.

I can't believe I'm about to ruin this kid's dreams.