Chapter 26: A Relative Returns

I woke up on a medical table.

I looked around the room, wondering what the hell happened before I awoke.

The war. Final Space. Close the breach. Lord Commander. Rescued Avocato.

AVOCATO.

I quickly glanced the area, looking for Avo.

He was nowhere to be found.

Where the hell am I?! Where's Avocato?!?

I got up from the medical table and looked around. There were supplies and some of the things that were with me on it, including my pistol.

I took my things and stuffed them into my pockets. The pistol, which I held in my hand, felt cold. Might as well put it to good use, right?

I walked out of the room and looked up and down the hallway. No one was on the ship at all, it seemed.

Alright, time to find--

I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I turn around and push the being behind me away, and I point my pistol at him.

"Who are you?!"

It was a Ventrexian, like me. He had greyish purple fur, like me but minus the grey part. He looked older than me. Probably somewhere in his 50s or 60s. The guy was wearing a white long-sleeve shirt, and brown pants. He was dead in his tracks thanks to me.

"Whoa, whoa, easy there. You're okay. I'm not a threat."

"Not a threat, huh? How about you tell me where the hell you took him?"

"Who?"

"Avocato! The other guy that was with me! WHERE IS HE?!?"

I basically had the gun shoved on his cheek. I was that angry.

"Look, kid--"

"Don't call me that, old timer."

"Listen to me. Your friend is fine. The guy is resting. He's in worse condition than you were. Check the room next to yours."

I back up a little and open the door next to the one that lead to my room. I poke my head in and see Avocato. He was shirtless (wow 😳) and bandaged. He was still asleep.

Soon, I hear a clicking sound. I turn to see the old guy pointing a weapon right at me. A plasma revolver.

"Now that I answered your question, its time for me to ask YOU. Where did you get. That. Coat?"

I look at myself, wondering why the hell he was asking that.

"I was abandoned at a young age. My Dad left me this coat."

The older Ventrexian's eyes widened. His voice began to crack just a little. "D-does it have a......DID it have a photo hidden on the inside?"

I couldn't believe what this guy was saying. Was there actually a photo inside of my coat?

I take my coat off and pull out my knife. I examined the coat and saw a weak spot that I haven't noticed before. I cut it open and shift my hand inside of it. I feel around for something until I felt something.

I pulled it out, and there it was. A photo that was a little faded.

It was a picture of the guy, wearing the same coat I had, holding.....a baby in his arms.

The baby was me.

Was he.....no, it can't be.

The man was streaming tears at this point, the weapon he was holding now lowered. "P-Pawblo? Is....is that you, my son?"

My tears decided to come out at this point. I grabbed him and braced him with my arms, both of us hugging each other and crying happily.

"Dad....its really you!"