Chapter 21: First Date....sort of.

We walked down the streets of New York until we stopped at a bar.

"Richard said there is a secret base where the bomb is being kept. That's so Richard."

Our group walked into the bar, guns loaded and ready to fire.

"Hey! This is the bar where Quinn and I first met!"

"That's kind of a weird coincidence, isn't it?"

"It is."

Tribore looked around the abandoned bar. "The entrance is hidden. How do I know? I actually don't know. Come on, KVN. I need your sensors."

"Hooray for KVN! Gary! I have sensors!"

As Tribore, Wade, and Little Cato are looking around, I see Quinn and Avocato, sitting at the counter. "Hey, Gary. So are you gonna buy me that drink or what?"

"Hell yeah, I am. Pick your poison."

Gary hops over the counter, looking for the alcohol.

"Hey, Pawblo. Do you and Avocato want in on this action?"

Avocato shrugged. "Sure. Why the hell not?"

I nodded and sat down next to Avocato, where he held my hand for a while.

"So....(ahem)....I guess you could say that this is our....first date?", Avocato said.

I smiled at Avocato's smart observation. "Yeah, I guess it is."

Gary poured some alcohol into four cups, and soon joined us in drinking.

"Thanks. I was thirsty anyways, Gary."

"Anytime, Pawbro."

Yup, he's never gonna get tired of this.

We raised our glasses in the air.

"To love, and to saving the universe."

We clinked our glasses together and drank.

"Ahh....refreshing."

We soon heard Little Cato calling for us.

"Guys, I think Tribore found it!"

"Did Tribore find it? He did! No thanks to Richard, which again, is so Richard."

We all got up from the table. "So where is it?"

"Inside the men's restroom", Wade pointed out.

We all grabbed our guns, and carefully walked into the men's room.

"KVN, are you detecting anything worth chatting about?"

"Nope. Nope."

KVN soon stopped in front of the paper towel dispenser.

"Ooh, I mean YES!"

KVN then pulled out a few paper towels from the dispenser and then slammed his robot hand on the dispenser itself.

A door opened.

"Secret underground bathroom base now accessible", a voice said.

"Tight!"

We all then proceeded to walk down the stairs, into the depths unknown.

"Gary, there is a reinforced concrete structure 17 meters below the surface. Not to be a buzzkill, but the breach's effect on the Earth is reaching critical mass."

As we reached the bottom, we noticed a pool of water that lead to a base underneath us.

"Alright. Who's going down there? There's only five snorkels."

I looked away. "I'm not really a fan of water. I'll stay behind and guard the fort."

Avocato placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'll stay behind with Pawblo."

"Alright, so me, Quinn, Little Cato, Tribore and Wade will head down there. The rest of you make sure those Infinity Guard dickweeds didn't follow us here."

"Right."

Avocato and I watched as the rest of the crew put on their snorkels and jumped into the water.

We pulled Little Cato aside.

"Son, be careful down there."

"I will, dad. You two be careful as well."

"We'll be alright."

Little Cato gave both of us a thumbs up and jumped into the water, joining the rest.