Ch. 8 The Sacrifice

CURSE
[2×10]

NO PART OF ME WANTED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY. I knew there was no way I was going to avoid Tyler. I felt bad for not telling him all this time, but I was so scared he wouldn't want anything to do with her. I wasn't sure if I could handle it if he didn't.

That didn't mean a thing to my mother, who drove me to school anyway. I grabbed my things and headed out to the courtyard to meet up with my sister. She had came early to work on something. She was talking to Matt, and with them was the one person I didn't want to see.

Tyler looked at me, before starting to head in the opposite direction. "You can't just ignore me, Ty. At some point we have to talk about this without one of us running out of the room," I said.

"What do you want me to say, Rory? You hid the fact that I have a kid from me for over a year," he said, spinning to face me.

"I didn't get a ton of choice in leaving. My parents didn't want me to keep her, so they thought it was best if they just got me away from everyone," I told him.

"Oh, so you were just going to give her up and never tell me? Real nice," he said.

"That's not what I meant! I never even wanted to give her up, why do you think I still have her? I didn't know what I was supposed to do, so my parents got me out of here, hoping I would just give her up. I hadn't told you yet because I thought you had enough on your plate without finding out that you were a teen father!"

"So, what? That makes this all okay? I'm not allowed to be mad at you because you thought that you were doing what was best for me?" he asked.

"She's my baby, Ty. I've made all the decisions since the day she was born, I'm sorry if I was scared to find out if her father wanted anything to do with her," I said.

"You really thought I wouldn't want anything to do with my own daughter?" he asked.

"I don't know! We broke up before I even found out I was pregnant with her. I thought it was over for good that time, then I find out about her," I said.

"She's still my kid, Rory!"

"Guys," Caroline said, stepping towards us. People had started staring, but both of us were too mad at each other to notice.

"What do you want me to say?" I yelled at him.

"What is going on out here?" I looked up, realizing Alaric had come out to see what all the yelling was about.

"Why don't you ask her?" Tyler said.

"Can you just stop?" I snapped.

"Oh, I'm the one who is supposed to stop?" he asked.

"Why can't you see I'm trying to handle this the only way I know how?"

"Why can't you see I could have helped you with all this?"

"Oh, you're going to help me?"

Alaric stepped between me and Tyler, stopping our argument. "Why don't the four of us go back to my classroom?" he asked.

I crossed my arms over my chest, not looking at him. The three of us, plus Caroline, all went back to Ric's classroom and he shut the door. "What is going on?" Ric asked.

All that did was get me and Tyler going again. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" he yelled. We did. "Caroline?"

"Tyler just found out about Lilly and that she's his," my sister explained.