Ch. 16 Klaus

KLAUS
[2×19]

THE NEXT MORNING, I FIXED MYSELF COFFEE AT THE SALVATORE HOUSE. I needed one cup before I went home and dealt with my mom. A woman in a purple business outfit walked into the kitchen. I was still just wearing one of Damon's shirts. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Rory," I said, picking up my mug of coffee. "Who are you?"

Damon walked in, looking a little surprised to see the two of us in the same room. "Oh, uh, this is awkward," he said.

"Did you cheat on the poor girl?" I asked.

"It was your fault," he said.

"Damon," I scolded.

The woman looked confused, which made me a little sad. Of course, this would be the girl Damon chose. She was pretty, but she didn't seem like the brightest.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving. Last night was fun, but I already told you that that was way too complicated. Besides, I still have a werewolf baby-daddy to deal with, if he ever shows up again," I said, walking out of the kitchen. I could feel Damon's eyes on me as I left.

I walked into the hallway where Stefan was. His eyes went wide as he saw me. "Did you just do what I think you did with my brother?" he asked.

"Yes, I slept with your brother. Can everyone just accept that I am irresponsible and stop looking at me like that?" I asked, walking towards the stairs.

"Okay. Have you seen Elena?" he asked.

"Not since last night," I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "Don't start. Just don't even go there," I said, running up the stairs to get away from him.

|

I walked into my house, now in my clothes from last night. My mom soon greeted me, with Lilly in her arms. "You're finally home," she said. I could tell she wasn't happy.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" I asked.

"I talked to Bonnie's father. She wasn't at home either last night," she said.

"Oh, um, yeah, we went to-"

"Don't say Elena's because I called the house and John said she hadn't been staying there," she said.

I sighed, taking Lilly from her. "I'm sorry," I said.

"Where were you?" she asked.

"Bonnie took off with Jeremy, because apparently they're a thing now. I went with Elena and the Salvatores back to their house. Does it make you feel better that I said Elena was there?" I asked.

"No, because you were both in a house with no adults," she said.

"Damon's an adult," I reminded, taking Lilly to her nursery.

"You mean the adult who took you to the dance," she said, storming after me. "What happened to being careful?"

"I was careful," I said, sitting Lilly down in her play pen.

My mom looked at me. "I don't know whether to be happy to hear that or more worried," she said.

I sighed. "Look, I have Lilly already. I'm not going to do anything stupid, so can you stop worrying about me?" I asked.

"You are my daughter, I'm not going to stop worrying. I just don't want you to get hurt. Not again," she said.

"Trust me, I'm not going to," I said.

|

I later learned that Elena had been stupid again. She had freed Elijah, who had been peacefully sleeping with a dagger in his heart. She had gotten him to give her some information.

Klaus was his brother. The thing was, Klaus had a different father who was from a pack of werewolves. He wasn't the oldest or first vampire. Klaus was the first ever hybrid, vampire and werewolf. The thing was, the father who raised them had hated it. He had been furious to learn about their mother cheating on him. Their mother had cursed him, bounding his werewolf side, so he couldn't turn. The only way to fix it was to kill the doppelganger and he would do anything to break the curse.

Please vote and comment!