Ch. 3 The Killer

HAYLEY
[4×05]

FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, KLAUS HAD DECIDED HE WAS NOW PROTECTING TYLER. And for that exact reason, I had been avoiding my ex's house. But today I ran over there with Caroline. Connor, the vampire hunter, was holding Jeremy, Matt and April hostage in the Grill.

"My mom put squad cars blocking the street. They're saying it's a faulty gas line. We're good to go," Caroline told everyone.

"Good. Great. No cops, no need to wait around," Damon said.

"Hold on. We're not all going," Stefan said.

"Well, I'm definitely not going. I'm on mom duty," I said. I had Lilly on my hip, since both my babysitters were busy.

"And he shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in," Tyler said.

"He's got Jeremy, I'm going," Elena said.

"Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into," Stefan said.

"Not till you figure it out? Is that where you been all morning, out buying bossy pants?" Damon asked.

"This guy is known for setting traps, right? We'd be pretty dumb to walk right into one, especially if he has werewolf venom," Stefan said.

"Does he?" Elena asked.

"He's had it before," Stefan said.

"Fine. Fine. You want to take sometime to do recon, you get one hour. But we're going to need some extra help, so where is the wicked witch of the west?" Damon wondered.

"She can't do magic," Caroline told us.

"Really? Well, call her, tell her Jeremy's life is in danger. Maybe that'll bring her out of retirement," Damon said and left the room.

|

Tyler and one of the hybrid's were yelling at each other, while I kicked back in one of the studies with Lilly. Caroline walked in, looking annoyed. "What is with your baby-daddy's new wolf girl?" she asked.

"What new wolf girl?" I wondered.

"Hayley," she said.

"I haven't heard of her," I said.

"She said she has been staying here a few days," Caroline said.

"Okay," I said, not seeing the big deal.

"Why do you have to be so freaking calm?" Caroline asked.

"Tyler's a big boy, he can hang out with who he wants. I don't see why I should give a crap," I said.

"Because he's our friend and I think something happened between them while he was gone," Caroline said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"He called Klaus and he made a comment about how Tyler probably didn't want him to tell us about their time in the Appalachians," Caroline explained.

"I don't care who he is or has been with," I said. I really didn't. I was done with the relationship drama.

"How do you just not care?" she asked.

I smiled, catching on. "So that's what this is about?" I asked.

"What?" Caroline wondered.

"You're falling for my ex. And you both said nothing was going on," I said.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"You're jealous," I said.

"How are you not worried about this?" Caroline asked.

"I don't have time for the drama. I'm over it. I already have a sort of boyfriend," I said.

"Wait, what?" she asked.

I smiled. "Me and Kol sort of have a weird long distance thing goin' on," I admitted.

"What? Since when?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know. Me and him have been talking since me and Tyler broke up," I explained.

"Oh," Caroline said, almost seeming disappointed.

"Will you calm down if I go meet her?" I asked.

"A little," Caroline said.

I sighed. I stood up and started walking towards the door. Lilly waddled after me. It was a big house though, so I soon felt her tugging on my jeans. "Kid, one day you are going to be too big for this," I muttered, picking her up.

I saw a girl standing in the living room. "You must be Hayley," I guessed.

"Yeah, who are you?" she wondered.

"Rory," I said.

"Oh, the ex," she said.

I nodded. I knew her tone should have annoyed me, but I didn't really care. "Yep."

"And who is this cutie?" she asked, seeing Lilly.

"He didn't tell you?" I asked.

"What?" she asked.

"Uh, me and Tyler weren't the most responsible sixteen year olds," I said.

"Ty has a kid?" she asked, looking fairly shocked.

"Yep. She lives with me," I explained.

"Well, she is adorable," Hayley told me.

I smiled. She gave me a strange look. "Do I know you?" she asked.

"I don't think so, but you seem oddly familiar," I said.

"Huh," Hayley said.

|

"I like her," I told my sister.

"How?" she asked.

"I don't know. I just do for some reason," I told her.

"I can't stand her," Caroline told me.

I smiled. "Nothing happened between her and Tyler by the way. They're trying to break the other hybrids' sire bonds, but they are pretending something is going on so Klaus doesn't suspect anything," I explained.

"How do you know?" Caroline asked.

"I asked. I told you, I'm done caring and getting hurt. So I just asked and they told me," I said.

"Oh," Caroline muttered.

So I skipped episodes 3 and 4. I skip a lot of this season since most of it is just leading into the traveler and cure drama in season five and Rory won't be there for it anyway.

Please vote and comment!