Ch. 3 Ghost World

BIO PARENTS
[3×07]

THE NEWS WAS PLAYING ON THE TV AS I WANDERED INTO THE LIVING ROOM. My mom was already up, about to leave for work. "Ellie Robinson disappeared over twenty four hours ago and police are now looking for her," the news anchor was saying. I looked up at the screen, seeing the same girl from my dream.

"Turn it off," I said.

"What?" my mom asked.

"Turn it off," I snapped, grabbing the remote from her and turning the TV off.

"What is wrong with you?" she asked.

I shook my head. "I just had a weird dream," I told her.

"Are you still having the head aches?" my mom wondered.

I had been complaining about them for weeks, but since the really bad one right before my dream, they had disappeared. "No," I mumbled.

|

I ran into the Grill. This was getting too freaky. What I had seen couldn't have happened. It couldn't have. It wasn't like I could flat out ask my boyfriend if he had killed some girl right after we slept together. I had to find Damon and Ric and thankfully, I found them quickly.

"We're not a team," Ric was telling Damon. "You tried to kill me. All right? We're not friends."

"But remember back when you liked me and we conspired to kill uncle, werewolf Mason Lockwood?" Damon asked him.

"Yeah, and?" Alaric asked.

"I think he's still a little pissed," Damon said.

I walked up to the bar and pulled out my usual stool. "I need to talk to you two, but first you need to explain that sentence," I told him.

|

Me, Damon and Ric had sat down at the bar. I think the wait staff had given up on trying to run me off. Damon was telling us how he had been chained up in a chair and stabbed with a hot poker, just like what he had done to Mason.

The bartender sat Damon's drink down and someone grabbed it before Damon had the chance. We all turned to see Mason Lockwood.

"Mason?" I asked.

"I miss whiskey," he said. He downed the glass before smashing it into Damon's forehead.

"Ahh! Ow," Damon said. He turned towards us as his forehead healed. "Told you."

|

"I am never going to hear the end of that damn necklace," Damon muttered, texting someone. We had been trying to understand how Mason was alive when Damon got a message.

"One of you will pay for this, right?" Mason asked, drinking a shot. "Cheers."

"So let's get to it. I killed you. You want revenge. Get in line," Damon told him.