Ch. 1 The Reckoning

HYBRID
[3×05]

IT HAD BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE I LEFT MYSTIC FALLS. I hadn't been doing bad on my own. I took small jobs at several places. I hadn't found a permanent one yet, but I was doing okay.

I went back to Mystic Falls to see everyone every few weeks. I had gone back about three times in need of financial help, but Mom seemed to get it and be fine with me coming back. I would either stay with her or Damon who was in a house by himself as he continued to search for Stefan.

Stefan was still on a rampage with Klaus. We had learned he had gone full blown ripper, tearing off heads everywhere he went.

Me and Tyler were doing better. I would spend some time with him whenever I was in town. Usually anything we did together was child friendly since Lilly was usually around.

Tonight, however, we were both in the high school, having been roped into Senior Prank Night by Caroline. Why I had to be at Senior Prank Night, I had no idea.

I jumped as all the mouse traps around me went off. "Oh, come on! Seriously?" Caroline yelled at Matt, who had just walked in and ruined everything. Tyler helped me up from the floor where I head been placing more traps. "Do you know how long it took us to set all this up?"

"Forgot about Senior Prank Night, huh?" Tyler asked his best friend. We had been putting mouse traps all over the classroom for over an hour.

"Clearly," Matt said.

"How could you forget?" I asked.

"We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year," Caroline whined.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena told him.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt said.

"The Forbes sisters are making us," Tyler said, throwing his arms in the air.

I wrapped an arm around him. "You're doing this because you have a fabulous girlfriend who forced you into it," I corrected. He rolled his eyes, before pulling me closer to him and kissing me. All our friends made gagging noises. We pulled out of the kiss, glaring at all of them.

"We're about to be seniors. These are memories that stay with us forever, and if we don't-"

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena finished for my sister.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care," Caroline told them.

"I'm not even a senior and I still got dragged into it," I said.

"You would be if you hadn't graduated early and ditched us all," Caroline reminded.

"You're all lame and I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler said, carrying a bag of supplies out.

"I better help him," I said, running out with my boyfriend. We passed out some supplies to other students.

|

I was putting honey on a doorknob when I felt kisses on my neck. "Ty," I whined, as he made focusing a little difficult.

"Hmm?" he asked.

"If Caroline catches us she might actually kill us," I said.

"So let her," he said.