Ch. 10 All My Children

ESTHER
[3×15]

I WOKE UP NEXT TO KOL MIKAELSON THE NEXT MORNING. "Morning, darling," he said, his eyes closed.

"Morning," I muttered.

At some point last night, I had fallen asleep while Kol and me were talking. Kol had apparently stayed. He had bed head, which I was definitely judging him on. I looked over towards Lilly, and groaned. Sunlight was shining through the window. I already knew this was not going to be a good day, just from the familiar pain in my head.

Kol pushed himself up on his elbow. "You all right?" he asked, a little bit of concern in his voice.

"I feel a vision coming on," I explained. "I really need aspirin."

"Stay here, give me a few minutes," Kol said, hopping up.

I forced myself to get out of bed. I went over to Lilly's crib, where she was still sleeping. It had been pretty late when I had brought her home, which explained why she was sleeping in.

A few minutes later Kol walked back in, a mug in his hand. "Try this," he said.

I took the mug, looking at the brown liquid inside, suspiciously. "What's in it?" I asked.

Kol grimaced. "You don't want to know," he said. "I added sugar if that helps."

I groaned and drank some of it. "Not horrible," I said. I tried to take another drink and gagged.

Kol quickly took the mug from me, chuckling. "I'll work on the recipe," he said. "Did that do any good?"

"It distracted me for a minute at least," I said.

|Klaus|

I watched as Rory entered the room, Kol trailing behind her. They weren't even trying to hide the fact that he had spent the night in her room. My eyes caught hers, but she quickly looked away. Her and Kol sat down, both smiling. It drove me insane.

|Rory|

Klaus was sitting across from me, sketching. I could tell he was thinking about our conversation from last night, but I couldn't deal with that right now. Kol was joking around next to me, but I was only half paying attention.

Rebekah entered the room, wearing her dress from last night. That gave me a perfect distraction from the two Originals. "Have a fun night?" I asked. Kol snickered and used vampire speed to run over to her, blocking her path.

"Get out of my way, Kol!" she yelled.

"Out all night, what a scandal. I trust you did better than commoner. Matt, was it?" Kol asked.

"Says the boy who spent the night in a spoken for girl's bed," Klaus said, earning a glare from me and Kol. I knew I had hurt Klaus now.

"There is a difference between what me and Kol did and what Rebekah did," I said.

"Yeah, Bekah. Who was it?" Kol asked.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," she snapped. Klaus chuckled. "Don't start, Nik." She shoved Kol out of the way.