Ch. 12 Heart of Darkness

Fun fact: My parents bought me almost this same necklace for my 18th birthday, because they knew how big of a deal it was in this fan fic.

SKETCHES
[3×19]

A SMILE MADE IT'S WAY ONTO MY FACE AS I GOT UP. I had moved back in to my Mom's now that I wasn't living with Klaus anymore. I started getting around, changing outfits at least three times. I then went and got Lilly up and around. While I was at it I heard a noise. I sat her down, walking into the hall. "Caroline? Mom?" I asked.

I walked into my bedroom, finding my window open and a box sitting on my bed. I closed the window and went over to the small black jewelry box. It was sitting on top of a paper. I picked up the paper, already knowing who this was from. On it was a drawing of me, sleeping in the hotel room I had stayed in while on my road trip with Klaus. He had wrote a short message underneath it.

I hope one day you can forgive me for what happened. I already miss you.

-Klaus

I sighed, sitting the drawing on my nightstand. I opened the box and stared. Inside was a silver necklace with a crescent moon dangling from it. The moon was made of diamonds, and I knew Klaus too well to doubt for one second that they weren't real. I snapped the box shut and stood up.

I couldn't deal with this. I couldn't deal with whatever I was feeling about Klaus. I just needed to get away from his stupid sketches and necklace and go see the one person who would make me forget all about him.

|

Caroline was keeping Rebekah distracted with the decade dance, while I headed out to the woods. I quietly walked through them, grinning. I reached the entrance to the Lockwood cellar, but I still didn't see him. I heard a twig snap and turned to face Tyler.

"Hi," I said.

He stared at me. "You have no idea how much I missed you," he said.

Next thing I knew, I was in his arms, his lips against mine. We stumbled down the stairs into the cellar. I broke the kiss to push the door open. I stepped away from him, pulling my jacket off as I moved into the room. He did the same, before running over to me and kissing me again. He used vampire speed to push me against the wall. I groaned, knowing that had probably left a bruise on my shoulder.

"Sorry," he said.

"I'll survive," I said. I grabbed the hem of his T-shirt and pulled it off him, before kissing him again.

|

Tyler and I were now laying on the floor. We had had a few blankets down here for the full moons. I had my head on his chest. I couldn't remember the last time I had been this happy. "Did I mention I miss you? Bad?" he asked.

I smiled, laughing a little. I kissed his chest and cuddled against him. "At some point we are going to do this in an actual bed again, right?" I asked, grinning.

"Yes, I promise. Once I figure out how to deal with Klaus," he said.

I groaned. "Don't even start on Klaus. Tell him to suck it. You broke his sire bond. Neither of us have to deal with him anymore," I said.

"It's easier said than done," he told me. "Besides, I won't know if it's broken for sure till I test it."

I sat up, holding the blanket against my chest. "Wait, I thought that's why you were coming back. Because you said you felt different," I said.