Ch. 11 Pictures of You

NEW ORLEANS
[4×19]

I WALKED DOWN THE STREETS OF NEW ORLEANS. Me and Hayley had been staying at a hotel there for a few days. The sun was down and Hayley was already back at the hotel, but I couldn't sleep so I was wandering the streets.

Most people had already gone home. I saw a few people walking around, but for the most part the street I was on was deserted.

I saw movement in the corner of my eye, but when I turned around, no one was there. I couldn't go anywhere without getting myself in trouble. I turned down an alley, only to find out it was a dead end. "Wolves are banned in the Quarter." I turned to face a vampire.

"Well, that's a little rude," I said. He ran at me, and I shoved a stake I had had in my purse in his heart. He fell to the ground, dead. Two more jumped down in front of me. "Really? I just wanna go back to my hotel."

They moved towards me, and I immediately pulled my knife out. I slit one's throat, before staking another one. I was very thankful for Alaric right now.

After staking another one, a dark skinned man jumped down in front of me. He didn't run at me, he just looked around at the bodies. "Did you just take down four of my guys?" he asked.

"Maybe you should tell them to not attack visitors," I told him.

"How did a little thing like you take down six vampires? Even for a werewolf, that's impressive," he said.

"I'm not a werewolf. Well, I am, I just haven't triggered it yet. And to answer your question, one of my best friends was a vampire hunter. He trained me after I was almost killed by a few werewolves," I said.

"You know, I should kill you," he told me.

I glared at him. "Then go ahead and try. If you do by some miracle kill me, my vampire sister, my werewolf sister, an Original, a hybrid and three more vampires will all want your head," I told him.

He chuckled. "Alright. What's your name?" he wondered.

"Rory. You?"

"Marcel. Did you say you know an Original?" he wondered.

"All of them. They tried to kill my friends, my friends returned the favor. Sometime in that I became friends with them. Don't worry, as long as you don't kill me none of them should care," I said. "You know them?"

"Did a long time ago," he admitted.

"Okay, but are we going to fight or can I go back to my hotel? I'm not here to kill anyone, I'm just passing through," I told him.

"How about this? You tell me why you're in my city and don't tell anyone you were the one who killed my guys, and I let you go," he said.

"Fine," I said.

|

By now, I had been staying in New Orleans a few weeks. Hayley spent most of her days looking for our family, and I spent most of them trying to keep her from getting caught by my new friend, Marcel.

We had been hanging out quite a bit, but it was obvious neither of us trusted the other yet. I had found out that New Orleans had a huge vampire population. Marcel was in charge of it. He had rules to keep them all in line. No killing each other or locals. They could feed off of tourists. They were supposed to just feed, compel and send the people on their way, but if someone lost control they didn't have to worry about it being in the town's newspaper.

I had started spending plenty of time at Rousseau's, a bar with the best gumbo ever. Today me and Marcel were both there.

I hadn't said a word about killing the three vampires, but that didn't stop the rest of his guys from hating me. Whether I had trigged my curse or not, I was a wolf and they didn't like that. They would glare at me anywhere I went. Occasionally, it would get to a point where Marcel would send one somewhere just to get them away from me.

Thierry, Marcel's right hand man, especially didn't like me. Diego didn't really seem to mind me. The rest of them I didn't really talk to.

I was talking to both Marcel and Diego when I felt it. I hopped up from my seat, running into the girl's restroom to throw up. I heard Marcel and Diego call after me, but I didn't stop. I ran into a stall and lost all of my breakfast.

After a minute or two, I walked over to the sink, not sure why that had just happened. I washed my face with cold water and walked out. "You okay?" Marcel wondered. He was standing right outside the door. "You're looking a little pale."

"I'm fine. Probably just something I ate," I told him. I walked over to the bar and got a class of water. I just wanted to get a drink and go back to the hotel. I opened my purse to grab some money only to see the last thing I ever wanted to see right after throwing up.

I just blinked, not really sure what to be thinking right now. I grabbed out my phone and looked at my calendar. I saw the blue heart on Monday of this week. It was Wednesday. I took a seat, slightly terrified.

All I could think of was being sixteen again.

|ALMOST THREE YEARS AGO|

I had ran out of biology, my first class of the day, to vomit. I was now standing by the sink, trying to calm down. "This isn't happening. No way is this happening," I muttered.

I was a week late, and this was freaking me out. "I'm an idiot. This can't be happening," I said. Me and Tyler had broken up a few weeks ago. I had thought we were being safe enough, but apparently not.

"Ms. Forbes, you want to tell me why you just ran out of class?" I turned around to face the principal.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really not feeling well. I think I'm going to call my mom," I told her.

"Did you get sick?" she wondered.

I nodded. "Alright, come up to the office," she said.

I lied and told them my mom was outside, so that I could go buy a test.

|PRESENT|

"Rory?" I looked up, being pulled back to right now. "You okay?" Marcel asked me.

"Yeah, umm, having flash backs of being sixteen and pregnant," I told him. Marcel already knew I had a kid, since Lilly was my home screen on my phone.

"Uh, are you?" he wondered.

"What?" I asked, not really paying attention. He raised an eyebrow and I got what he meant. "No! That's impossible. Just having a really bad day. Sorry, but I'm gonna go to my hotel," I told him.

He nodded. "Feel better," he told me.

"Yeah," I said. I walked out and started walking back to the hotel. I looked down at my stomach, which was still the same size it had been a few weeks ago. I put a hand against it and sighed. It wasn't possible. Klaus was dead, he couldn't have kids. No way was I pregnant again. But this was about the same time I had started having morning sickness with Lilly.

So I just put that this would've taken place in episode nineteen since it came before episode twenty. This was kind of just a filler before we finish this book.

Please vote and comment! Only one more chapter left.