Ch. 6 We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

SLEEP OVER (GONE WRONG)
[4×08]

CAROLINE WAS CALLING FOR A MANDATORY GIRL'S NIGHT. I wasn't too against it. Elena had actually came up with the plan, but Caroline was forcing me into coming. We were spending the night in the Salvatore house.

Me, Bonnie and Caroline were sitting in the living room when Elena dropped a box on the table with a blood bag and four bottles of wine inside. "One for you, one for you, one for you," she said, passing us all one of the bottles.

"Ooh," Bonnie said, picking up the blood bag. "I'm assuming this is for Caroline."

Caroline reached for it, but Elena grabbed it. "Actually, it's for me," she said.

"I thought-"

"Are you saying-"

"But you needed fresh-"

"Thanks to Damon, I am now a functional dysfunctional vampire," Elena said, drinking some.

"That's amazing," Bonnie said. I nodded. Elena hadn't been able to keep anything but fresh blood down since she turned. She had had to drink it straight from the vein.

"What do you mean, thanks to Damon?" Caroline wondered.

"Well, he suggested I try it again. So I did, and it worked. No more snatch-eat-erase," Elena said, coming around to sit on the couch opposite us.

"So where is my least favorite Salvatore?" Caroline asked.

"'Out with Stefan for the night. Don't wait up. Brother bonding,'" Elena read off her phone.

"Hmm. So you guys check-in text now? What else do you do?" Caroline asked. I elbowed her.

"I know your not the biggest fan, but he kind of just changed my life. Do you mind laying off the hate?" Elena wondered.

"Okay, new girl's night rule- no boy talk, yeah?" Bonnie said.

"All for it. I don't want to listen to you two argue and my own is depressing," I said.

"Yeah, and why talk when we have this?" Bonnie asked, pulling out a plastic baggy. My eyes widened as I saw something that made me think way too much of Vickie Donovan and the very little time I spent with her in the cemetery.

"Is that stoner tea?" Caroline asked, sounding appalled.

"It's spirit tea," Bonnie corrected. Me and Elena both grinned. "It opens up your chi or whatever."

I laughed as Caroline scoffed. "Come on, it's not drugs. Shane is helping me do natural magic without having access to the spirits," Bonnie said.

"Mm-hmm," Caroline said.

"Don't judge," Bonnie said.

"Ok. Fine. I hereby vow to not be judgmental for the rest of the evening. Even if you three are potentially ruining your lives as I stand idly by, it's your choice," Caroline said.

"Oh, come on. You and Elena are vampires. It wouldn't even hurt you, live a little. Besides, I did way worse than this during my very short friendship with Vickie," I said.

"Wait, you did drugs?" Caroline asked.

"I plead the fifth. I said it was a short friendship, I wasn't that stupid," I said.